Newcastle vs Fulham - 28/08/11 at 1:00pm (Not on TV)

Fatwax

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Can't wait for this one, got a free ticket as re-reimbursement for the rained off Fiorentina friendly which was only £20 anyway.

Expecting a good game as we are certainly on a high at the moment

Can't wait for this one, got a free ticket as re-reimbursement for the rained off Fiorentina friendly which was only £20 anyway.

didn't know about that, good from the club

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

didn't know about that, good from the club

Yeah they allowed you to trade your ticket for any Group C game, gotta wonder who's idea it was?

Krul

Simpson        Colo           Saylor       Cissokho/Pieters

Barton         Tiote           Cabaye

Marveaux                                          Jonas

Ba

:coolsmiley:

I reckon Pardew should persist with Obertan for now. The lad needs a consistent run of games as he adjusts to his new teammates, and gets to play consecutive matches, something he hasn't done for a couple of years now. If he can turn on the style and get into good form, he could be a frightening attacking prospect.

Something vexes the?

It would be a lot more beneficial to me if it kicked off at 3. No reason for it not to kick off at 3 either.

13:00 suits my bank holiday Sunday drinking better though.

I'd just be happy to go back to the team from the Arsenal game, with a proper left-back in there hopefully. Fulham won't control the possession like they did and we should be able to make a chance or two for Ba and Shola.

I'd just be happy to go back to the team from the Arsenal game, with a proper left-back in there hopefully. Fulham won't control the possession like they did and we should be able to make a chance or two for Ba and Shola.

Unless we get a new forward in I'd concur.

:thup:

Can see Maiga being a deadline-day thing if he is the real target, despite the latest comments. Have had the feeling for a while about him.

Shola won't get dropped and Ba needs minutes, hopefully he'll be coming in from a goal at Scunny.

:thup:

Can see Maiga being a deadline-day thing if he is the real target, despite the latest comments. Have had the feeling for a while about him.

Shola won't get dropped and Ba needs minutes, hopefully he'll be coming in from a goal at Scunny.

Would be inclined to agree with that especially the latter although it's a bit of a sorry state of affairs.

Definitely need to take the game to Fulham like Wolves did today. If we don't it'll be a borefest like last season. Can imagine the game will be crying for a bit of nous in the attacking third.

Yeah, fuck Mark Crossley. What a game he had.

Will be interesting to see if the team has progressed from last season when it seemed like we were incapable of stringing together more than two decent results no matter how "easy" the next opponent were. I always felt the players somehow thought they´d walk through the game without much effort purely based on the performance the game before, thinking they did better than they actually did.

Head says a marginal loss for us, heart says we have addressed the complacency issues and we win 2-1.

I hope it's better than last season's game at SJP. Good god was that incredibly dull.

Big game for us. Last before the end of the window, a two week break, last home game for a month, and a chance to have a legitimately good start to the season. All of this points to 0-1 (Duff).

How would the following formation work in he case we still dont have a left back

Krul

Coloccini

Saylor      Williamson

Raylor                Tiote          Jonas

Cabaye            Barton

Ameobi    Ba