L'Equipe: Newcastle prepare bids for Hoarau & Roux if Maiga doesn't sign....

Optimistic Nut

Guest Haris Vuckic

Something about the word Colocho reminds me of a wrinkly testicle.

Colocho is actually a South American term for someone that is curly haired...

Ah spot on! There's curly hairs there too.

Hoarau is far from the type of player we need. I've spoken about Roux since the start of the window so would obviously be happy if that's our "panic buy".

:facepalm:

Again??  :lol: I would ask why you facepalm'd me, but I don't want to hear your cringeworthy player descriptions. Just f*** off you numpty.

Hoarau is far from the type of player we need. I've spoken about Roux since the start of the window so would obviously be happy if that's our "panic buy".

:facepalm:

Again??  :lol: I would ask why you facepalm'd me, but I don't want to hear your cringeworthy player descriptions. Just f*** off you numpty.

Chill.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Panic buys, really good. I thought this year we changed our strategy with the sudden and immediate signings, but now we're going to the last five minutes of the transfer window for a panic buy which will still leave us short. Again.

Bloody well done.

Panic buys, really good. I thought this year we changed our strategy with the sudden and immediate signings, but now we're going to the last five minutes of the transfer window for a panic buy which will still leave us short. Again.

Bloody well done.

Well it's a bit of a mixture isn't it? The original signings being early is still very good, but we still need to make some more. It'll be a massive blow if we don't get a striker and LB, but the window hasn't closed yet.

About Nolan Roux:

Matt Spiro – Writer and broadcaster for Ligue1.com

* Nolan Roux is 23, great potential. Scored 15 goals to get Brest up, only 6 in debut top flight year but had injury. I’d guess €6-8m.

* I had pleasure of commentating on Roux’s goal in the Brittany derby vs Rennes. Pure class.

James Eastham – French football scout and betting expert

* If they can get him for £7-8m it would be a bargain. Outstanding prospect.

* He has a fantastic attitude, great movement, workrate and much, much more than a goalscorer. A potential French international.

* He’s right-footed but decent on both sides, I can see him playing wide as well as through the middle.

Jonathan Johnson – Writer for Sky Sports and French Football Weekly

* Hot prospect. 23 yr old striker, 6 goals, 3 assists in 28 games. A former Lens youth player. Possesses great speed and positioning.

* Superb performance for U-21′s in his only match for them v Croatia.

* Son of Bruno Roux, 15 goals/5 assists in Ligue 2,strong player will adapt to Premier League, unfinished article, versatile-striker or winger

Roux sounds more like the kind of signing we're likely to make, both from a Fat Ashley point of view (good potential re-sale value in the future) and a team point of view ("Possesses great speed and positioning", to quote above).

Is Maiga the same sort of player as Roux?  Given his height he seemed more like a target man.

Roux sounds more like the kind of signing we're likely to make, both from a Fat Ashley point of view (good potential re-sale value in the future) and a team point of view ("Possesses great speed and positioning", to quote above).

Is Maiga the same sort of player as Roux?  Given his height he seemed more like a target man.

if we're just going on height Roux looks bigger to be honest

Some would call them panic buys, others would call them alternatives. Personally I'm glad we've got some but obviously the main thing is to get them over the line.

I mean, what are we supposed to do? If we can't get the players we want first, then we need to look for other options. Whether people call them panic buys or not is irrelevant really.

Roux's agent must be working hard these days, i don't see anything positive out of 6 goals and 3 assists in 28 games in the french league, the only way that would sound good is if he was 16.

Well i think he will do better in a team that isn't totally shit.

Some would call them panic buys, others would call them alternatives. Personally I'm glad we've got some but obviously the main thing is to get them over the line.

I mean, what are we supposed to do? If we can't get the players we want first, then we need to look for other options. Whether people call them panic buys or not is irrelevant really.

I can guarantee you that the same people who are calling them panic buys would be those shouting loudest if we didn't have other options like Roux.

Fakin' hell!

if we're just going on height Roux looks bigger to be honest

Maiga is a bit taller. And I would say Maiga is more like Roux than a target man, without really likening them more than that. Although being a good header, he posseses good speed, has a high workrate and can strike a ball.