L'Equipe: Newcastle prepare bids for Hoarau & Roux if Maiga doesn't sign....

Optimistic Nut

So we've been offered him but want other targets first because we can't get them and that means we won't have to spend but the fans will think they tried :D

Guest ItalianMagpie

Panic buys, really good. I thought this year we changed our strategy with the sudden and immediate signings, but now we're going to the last five minutes of the transfer window for a panic buy which will still leave us short. Again.

Bloody well done.

Well it's a bit of a mixture isn't it? The original signings being early is still very good, but we still need to make some more. It'll be a massive blow if we don't get a striker and LB, but the window hasn't closed yet.

I see your point, but we're still short and that's what matters eventually. Of course it'd be worse if we hadn't sign anyone yet, but it's a small consolation tbh.

It looks like we're going to rush in the last minutes of the window trying to get what's left on the market and feel lucky if we ever manage to bring someone in.

Guest ykmkmdd

This Roux looks a better bet than a few of those we've been linked with earlier, with the supposed release clause as well it could be a goer....

This Roux looks a better bet than a few of those we've been linked with earlier, with the supposed release clause as well it could be a goer....

Not sure if he is a better player yet, but he is the type of striker we need and could be a star in the next couple of years.

What's with this French obsession? It's getting weird.

Players from the French league aren't on huge wages but are still decent quality, that's why we like them. I think we were told this a while back

What's with this French obsession? It's getting weird.

Lots of good players in Ligue 1, not gonna complain.

Probably easier to attract players from France than say Spain, for example, as well and more likely to be cheaper.

Guest Mantis

I couldn't give a s*** if we fielded 11 French players so long as they did the business tbh.

That's fine, but it would become like a dummy spitting festival if they play decent and the London clubs (or Wigan) come sniffing around them

I couldn't give a s*** if we fielded 11 French players so long as they did the business tbh.

That's fine, but it would become like a dummy spitting festival if they play decent and the London clubs (or Wigan) come sniffing around them

All footballers are like that, not just the ones with French passports.

Guest Mantis

Brest's Sporting Director says they've received no bids from us yet.

Of course they haven't. Only Pardew believes we will actually sign someone.

Always try to buy Hoarau on Pro Evo, but "chances of a deal are almost zero".

Read into that what you will.

Pump up his wages.

Brest's Sporting Director says they've received no bids from us yet.

We're not gonna bid because the bid can actually be accepted this time.