Joey Barton's Replacement

aussiemag

Now that Joey Barton has left, who would you like to see him replaced with? Would you like a player with similar attributes, or more of a

outright winger? Do you think he will be replaced?

Personally id like a winger with the crossing ability of Barton but with a lot more pace. Someone like Adam Johnson.

Being realistic though, i dont know who we can attract.

I'd like a centre back please, we're well-stocked in midfield. I can't see him leaving freeing enough wedge to get a permanent player in, unfortunately, no matter what position. Hope to be proven wrong.

Guest Heneage

I'd like a centre back please, we're well-stocked in midfield. I can't see him leaving freeing enough wedge to get a permanent player in, unfortunately, no matter what position. Hope to be proven wrong.

A centre back would be nice, I just can't think who. Maybe an audacious bid for Vertonghen or Alderwield.

Its disappointing in the sense that Barton was versatile enough to be a starting player on the right or midfield and was a quality replacement,

in the inevitable case that either Cabaye or Tiote get injured. I would like someone with that versatility, I guess someone a bit like James

Milner.

We have quite few midfielders. We need an LB (obvious) and a striker.

However, if we just ship in another Best/BA/Ameobi level striker, there is little point.

That's what concerns me at this point, we are talking $$$ to buy what we need and have shown NO inclination to do that over the last 4 years.