On the plus side! (positivity thread)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

- We have 4 points out of 6 against a chamions league team and our biggest rivals

- We have a good prosperous youth set up

- We have a young squad with more pace

- We seem to have a good management team in Pardew, Carver and Stone

- We have players with value in Tiote, Cabaye, Colo, Jonas, Krul and possibly Sly and BA (Ben Arfa not Demba :))

- We have improved facilities both at training and match day venues

- We should be far more appealing to would be buyers having a lower wage bill, being a premiership side.

- We should have a lower overdraft/loan with MA banking the TV money and only using the Carroll money for transfers

Oh and :wat: is in the last year of his contract!

Guest sicko2ndbest

- We should have a lower overdraft/loan with MA banking the TV money and only using the Carroll money for transfers

:dowie:

I know

That was the only contencious one!

Guest Heneage

- Steve Wraith is going to arrange a FREE charity talk in at end of may 2012 with joey kevin & andy and 1 other tbc. We can ask them our questions.

That's not good news if you're the charity.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

- We have 4 points out of 6 against a chamions league team and our biggest rivals

- We have players with value in Tiote, Cabaye, Colo, Jonas, Krul and possibly Sly and BA (Ben Arfa not Demba :))

- We should be far more appealing to would be buyers having a lower wage bill, being a premiership side.

You didn't add something about Erik Pieters being a quality addition in there.

Guest sicko2ndbest

You didn't add something about Erik Pieters being a quality addition in there.

Im not going to  :hijack: another thread. My feelings on Pieters are quite clear  :gm's patter:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnsa1F4D8MLCH8xe0SDbm8sStgjiS9bKaAdWHc0SrHHY55YumY

Guest ykmkmdd

Good thread, I'm actually pretty pleased with how things are looking at the moment, we've got a good young talented squad, youth coming through and a distinct dearth of overpaid, over the hill wankers.

I like our manager and am excited about watching the likes of Krul, Vuckic, Sammy, Ferguson develop their talents here. Tiote and Colocinni are world class, Ben Arfa is due back and Cabaye and Marveaux both look quality. I even like Shola, he makes me smile.

Don't get the cloying negativity that seems to be affecting this place lately - sure, not everything is perfect but when you look at the teams we're immediately competing with - the likes of Villa, Everton, mackems, Stoke, Bolton we're looking pretty good I reckon.

Plus we've just beaten the mackems - again.

Good thread, I'm actually pretty pleased with how things are looking at the moment, we've got a good young talented squad, youth coming through and a distinct dearth of overpaid, over the hill wankers.

I like our manager and am excited about watching the likes of Krul, Vuckic, Sammy, Ferguson develop their talents here. Tiote and Colocinni are world class, Ben Arfa is due back and Cabaye and Marveaux both look quality. I even like Shola, he makes me smile.

Don't get the cloying negativity that seems to be affecting this place lately - sure, not everything is perfect but when you look at the teams we're immediately competing with - the likes of Villa, Everton, mackems, Stoke, Bolton we're looking pretty good I reckon.

Plus we've just beaten the mackems - again.

Agree with this basically, the pace of change in the squad is quicker than I would ideally like, but if it ends up with the players we can afford and good ones at that then I think it will end up OK.

Overall we're not in bad shape, and the teams around us haven't strengthened that much at all. Just need to bring in the LB and CF to make me feel completely positive about the season.

Overall we're not in bad shape, and the teams around us haven't strengthened that much at all. Just need to bring in the LB and CF to make me feel completely positive about the season.

Said in the other thread, I think a 4th centre-back is more important than another striker at the moment.

A midfield of Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Jonas should be able to create more than enough chances for any one of Ba, Best or Shola to miss a hatful and still score. Plus, they'll keep possession a lot more and wear the opposition down by making them chase.