Tickets to the Eintract - Newcastle game

Guest gpstefansson

Guest gpstefansson

Hi all,

Can someone explain to me why I got rejected when trying to buy a ticket through NUFC to this game, when they returned 4000 tickets back to Eintracht, that where alotted to NUFC?!? In the reply from NUFC they say that "Unfortunately, we were oversubscribed for this particular fixture and on this occation your application has been unsuccessful." This is something that I just can not understand since they returned 4000 tickets back to Eintract!

Please explain this to me if you can...

Guest dasflenst

They returned 3,000 tickets BEFORE we had even applied.  They guessed that they would only sell 2,000 or so so sent back 3,000.  Therefore, they only had 2,000 to sell and must have received more than 2,000 applications.  Stupid situation but you'll find more info in the ticket section of this forum. 

Guest Smudger

Can anyone really blame the club for knocking back tickets for the Frankfurt game?

We've only sold out for about two away games all season without going to general sale and we took less than 200 to Palermo. Those moaning that they didn't get a ticket should get themselves to more ****ing games so they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Im guessing you got some tickets then

Can anyone really blame the club for knocking back tickets for the Frankfurt game?

We've only sold out for about two away games all season without going to general sale and we took less than 200 to Palermo. Those moaning that they didn't get a ticket should get themselves to more ****ing games so they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Im guessing you got some tickets then

I didn't get a tiocket and I agree with him.

Aye i got a ticket. I just don't like people moaning when they aren't automatically given a ticket for a particular game that they want to go to.

The club were told they would have to buy the full allocation. Has our away following been good enough this season to justify forking out for 5000 tickets when we haven't taken more than a thousand to a european game this season??

It'll be exactly the same if we get to the cup final, people moaning about not gettting a ticket despite them hardly being to a cup game all season then blaming either the club or the FA. Some people seem to think they should get a ticket any time they want regardless of the people who go week in, week out.

You are spot on with what you say, but i think we could have shifted a lot more than 2000 tickets for this fixture as every man and his dog booked this trip.

The club should have asked for applications earlier and then gauged how many it needed rather than send 3K back before they even went on sale.

Guest dasflenst

Aye i got a ticket. I just don't like people moaning when they aren't automatically given a ticket for a particular game that they want to go to.

The club were told they would have to buy the full allocation. Has our away following been good enough this season to justify forking out for 5000 tickets when we haven't taken more than a thousand to a european game this season??

It'll be exactly the same if we get to the cup final, people moaning about not gettting a ticket despite them hardly being to a cup game all season then blaming either the club or the FA. Some people seem to think they should get a ticket any time they want regardless of the people who go week in, week out.

You are spot on with what you say, but i think we could have shifted a lot more than 2000 tickets for this fixture as every man and his dog booked this trip.

The club should have asked for applications earlier and then gauged how many it needed rather than send 3K back before they even went on sale.

I agree, Frankfurt were selling them a month ago so NUFC should have started it all earlier.  Also, if you think about it, when the draw was made and this was the last game, for all we knew it could have been very important, a decider if you like so it's no surprise that a fair few are going over there.  Also, it's a pretty easy place to get to and cheap (if you're organised and book in advance).

Guest mrchoonz

Hi all,

Can someone explain to me why I got rejected when trying to buy a ticket through NUFC to this game, when they returned 4000 tickets back to Eintracht, that where alotted to NUFC?!? In the reply from NUFC they say that "Unfortunately, we were oversubscribed for this particular fixture and on this occation your application has been unsuccessful." This is something that I just can not understand since they returned 4000 tickets back to Eintract!

Please explain this to me if you can...

Check the ticket section of this site, there is a guy looking to get rid of 3

Guest gpstefansson

Are you a known hooligan?

No I am not a hooligan, known or otherwise, but thanks for asking.

Check the ticket section of this site, there is a guy looking to get rid of 3

I am checking this out now.

Thanks for your replies.

Guest Gemmill

Are you a known hooligan?

No I am not a hooligan, known or otherwise, but thanks for asking.

No problem.  Although I'm guessing you wouldn't say if you were, so I'm keeping an open mind on the whole thing.