Pardew Patter

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Tomorrow:

"Frustrating. Very very frustrating. Derek and Lee worked all day yesterday on a number of deals. At times we thought we were there only for clubs and agents to make things difficult. In the end it was a question of do we pay silly money for a body who may not be the right fit. In the past the club has taken that gamble to it's detriment. We have to secure the long term financial safety of the club and that sometimes means walking away from deals. I very much unserstand the supporters are upset but long term I sincerely believe they will see the benefits. I don't accept that we've not used the Carroll money. Ba is a great addition and in time will show his worth, we've also bought quality and strengthened in nearly all areas. I think in Santon, Cabaye, Marveaux and Obertan we've added that bit of pace and guile that we lacked last year. I certainly think going forward we're more potent. There's a core of experienced attackers at the club and everyone was delighted at how Leon has come on, he'll now get a much deserved run at being this club's number one striker. He may not have the number 9 shirt, but it's up for grabs and that's a huge incentive for Leon and indeed all the strikers at the club."

Guest Milburnthedog

Was never going to be anything else. Ashley and Lambias have made Pardew look a mug, they won't care.

Only a drop in the cash coming in will ever make a difference to them.

Guest MrSundlofer

He will say he is very disappointing not to sign one or two players in the last day of the transfer window. Simple.

They need to ask him his opinion on the Newcastle United sign being taken down & replaced, and if he understands the disgust the fans feel about that. That for me over-shadows any faluire's in the transfer market, and has undone some of the good work getting (potentially) good players like Santon & Cabaye.

Can't wait to see his mock-amazement at the prices quoted on deadline day, as well as the backtracking on what he's said all summer about getting in another striker. Should be spectacular.

Guest Chubby Jason

Pardew said: 'The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, "Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it", and he has assured me of that.

'For the Newcastle fans, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used.

“It is how we set the tone. And the message has to change.” “The fans are used to bad news and players leaving – this is something we have to correct.”

“The only way we can correct it is by success.” “We will get a striker and left-back over the line, 100%.”

“That will be before the window shuts. We will chase those targets.” “We think we have signed well in the summer. I look forward to seeing that group.”

“But I think our fans will see new players on the pitch on Saturday that will impress. I had to rebuild at West Ham, because of contract disputes, Reading and Southampton.”

“I am well rehearsed in making sure the mixture is right. It is not complete yet, but by August 31 it will be.”