What can this squad achieve?

The Prophet

So it looks like we're done and dusted for the window, so what can this squad, as it stands achieve?

For me we have a cracking first team comfortably capable of achieving a top half finish. While our performances thus far have been somewhat disjointed we look solid and the understanding amongst the players will only get better.

However we're desperately short of cover at centre back and in the striking department, if the injuries start to stack up we could see a lot of square pegs in round holes and subsquently could struggle a bit. Even if this is the case I still think we'll comfortably avoid relegation.

Thoughts?

Think we'll be kicking about the same positions as last season. Will be very much dependent on injuries and of course the January window. 10th - 13th.

With a bit of luck a cup run although I think our thin squad will hold us back which is a shame as it's probably our only route to Europe with our generally poor disciplinary record.

Guest BooBoo

With this squad, a top half finish would be incredible. That has to be our aim although I think we'll fall well short.

I think it hangs in the balance of the fitness of key players...if we lost Colo and Tiote to long term injuries (heaven forbid) could anyone realistically see us finishing in the top half half then?

Our strongest 11 is more than capable of a top 10 finish IMO.

Mid to Bottom table, Injuries and African Nations will hit us and we will be screwed. Best, Loven and Ameobi will not get the goals, no midfield goals looking likely and Ba / Ben Arfa and Marveux are unknown at this point

As things stand unless there are multiple stand out performances from a few of the newbies then i see it as position = to last mid table 8/9/10 positions only currently possibly based on results from those around us going our way.

Strong in midfield, decent in defence (though woefully short on central defensive cover) and anaemic in attack. Won't get relegated but won't trouble the top eight either.

So close to pushing on this season with the addition of a top centre-forward, too. Cheers Mike and Derek, you shitstains.

A lot less that it could have if we'd got the all important striker which the club themselves said we still need. As it is, other teams have strengthened at our expense such as Sunderland and Fulham picking up strikers who were available and ready. Mid table at best.

Still 9th. Ba will come good, and Best looks like he'll get a few. People ploughing through Ben Arfa's legs every time he steps foot on a pitch doesn't help like. Still, our keeper is in top form, the defence is ok, the midfield is sexy and we have enough to survive up front.

Very much dependant on how Cabaye and Tiote will get on during the season for me. If Obertan can get his confidence up he will create some tap-ins for our forwards. My guess is a slight improvement on last year. Everything from 15th-7th dependant on injuries and how well the new guys gets on with it.