Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I mean, they will probably get more than £22m, so it seems like a pretty good idea on their behalf.

If we're hoping for 20-30mil for Mitrovic then I imagine Bournemouth would be the same for one of their better players

time to lowball these cunts for Grealish

Fucked.

They really needed to get promotion last season, they are  in all sorts of problems now. Oh well :)

We are 100% after King, fwiw. At a price we really shouldn't be.

Interesting. What kind of price is being quoted?

£22m. Bournemouth want more. Suspect that is what this recent press is all about.

Crikey!

£20m is about what I would have expected them to accept.

That's really unfortunate and silly from their perspective.

I imagine £22m could get us a really good striker from abroad.

I think he would be a definite upgrade on what we have, so if we think about getting 15-18million for Mitro, why not splash a couple of million more on the upgrade???

He was played out of position this year (why he´s moaning...), and likes to play the lone/further forward striker position which would fit perfectly into Rafa´s system.

Big yes from me for only 20m

I think he would be a definite upgrade on what we have, so if we think about getting 15-18million for Mitro, why not splash a couple of million more on the upgrade???

He was played out of position this year (why he´s moaning...), and likes to play the lone/further forward striker position which would fit perfectly into Rafa´s system.

Exactly. Mitro is going, and we could probably get £15m for Gayle as well if we wanted to.

Imo we can refresh our attack into one that will play Rafas system without spending the earth.

Guest chopey

My extensive scouting network has uncovered the following players

Xherdan Shaqiri

Abdoulaye Doucoure

Richarlison

Jack Grealish

Hirving Lozano

Kahraba

Exactly. Mitro is going, and we could probably get £15m for Gayle as well if we wanted to.

Imo we can refresh our attack into one that will play Rafas system without spending the earth.

Keeping Joselu around, or replacing him too? Campbell? Are we really going to let Ashley take us from three shite strikers to none and back up to three (again, please God)?

Keeping Joselu around, or replacing him too? Campbell? Are we really going to let Ashley take us from three shite strikers to none and back up to three (again, please God)?

Well I'm on about if we were a functioning club obviously. I think Gayle will stick around and be backup to whoever comes in aye. Must rid ourselves of Joselu like but who on earth would take him?

Well, I've defended Joselu in the past, but I'd rather sell him for buttons and keep Gayle - at least until the last week of the window. Any new #9 means we then need only find a third-stringer.

But, as you say, much better to be run as a proper club; give Rafa a wedge and let him do the needful.

Ideally you want to strikers like King who can play alone up front and in the Perez spot when required.

Suspect we'll see Joselu sticking around as striker number 4 in the Murphy squad spot for when we need to go more direct.

Hard to see us overhauling it all like.