Carroll

Gayle

Muto

Shelvey

Bentaleb

Rose

Krafth

Elliot

All the other hangers-on without a squad number and loanees.

Agree with most of that except Joelinton. I think played in his proper position in a team playing possession based attacking football with teammates breaking forward at pace supporting him  I'd think he'd perform much better.

Yedlin

Krafth

Rose

Benteleb

Fernandez

Hayden

Murphy

Muto

Carroll

Elliott

Darlow

They can go.

Shelvey

Joelinton

Gayle

Longstaffs

Woodman

They can have a season to try and improve alongside better players.

The rest could/should stay for at least a year or two.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d keep Dubravka, Lejune, Lascelles, ASM, our Mexican magician, Schar and Fernandez only, and would happily see the rest go. The Longstaff brothers are bang average and won’t be at this club in 2 years time. Those 7 players are our only good or top players.

I’d keep Dubravka, Lejune, Lascelles, ASM, our Mexican magician, Schar and Fernandez only, and would happily see the rest go. The Longstaff brothers are bang average and won’t be at this club in 2 years time. Those 7 players are our only good or top players.

Can't agree with that. They developed well under Rafa, and would do so again if Rafa returns or Pochettino comes in.

Guest Howaythetoon

Can't agree with that. They developed well under Rafa, and would do so again if Rafa returns or Pochettino comes in.

One of them did and I thought at the time he was the real deal, I’ve since concluded he’s bang average though sadly, they both are. If we can afford to improve on them and that area, at their expense, tough. We need far better in there even now under Bruce and Ashley SD NUFC.

Longstaffs need to stay until they stop improving. They both got enough talent to be decent prem players, how far after that I don’t know. What I do know is playing & training with better players, in a winning team, with a top manager surrounded by top coaches in modern facilities is going to push that forward, quite the opposite to what they’re in now.

More chance of growing wheat on the moon than young players Reaching their full potential here.

Build On/Keep :smitten:

Dubravka

Lascelles

Schar

Longstaff

Almiron

Saint-Maximin

Give time/Develop/Improve Via Good Coaching

Woodman

Matty Longstaff

Joelinton

Ruthlessly sell/upgrade within the first year

Ritchie

Shelvey

Get rid straight away

Krafth

Murphy

Atsu

Gayle

Is what I’m hoping.

Guest Howaythetoon

Longstaffs need to stay until they stop improving. They both got enough talent to be decent prem players, how far after that I don’t know. What I do know is playing & training with better players, in a winning team, with a top manager surrounded by top coaches in modern facilities is going to push that forward, quite the opposite to what they’re in now.

More chance of growing wheat on the moon than young players Reaching their full potential here.

True and if they do we could always cash in on them Ashley style.

One of them did and I thought at the time he was the real deal, I’ve since concluded he’s bang average though sadly, they both are. If we can afford to improve on them and that area, at their expense, tough. We need far better in there even now under Bruce and Ashley SD NUFC.

Longstaff needs a proper coach, someone who will drill instructions in to him and those around so he knows what to do, what’s expected of him and others. Since Rafa has left he’s been told to run harder in training and enjoy yourself of the pitch. Top players do not develop in that kind of environment.

True and if they do we could always cash in on them Ashley style.

Exactly. If the club outgrows them then so be it, we sell them and some superstar takes their place. If they keep up them we’ve got two local lads reaching the top of the game, but to get rid right now would be disastrous for the club, though the players themselves would benefit (club in current state)

Matty has looked good whenever he's played. Only just turned 20

Very raw I think he needs way more coaching than Sean.

Other way round for me. I think Matty has the most talent, and can be freerer to express it, Sean needs more discipline and intelligence which requires more support from coaching and players.

Other way round for me. I think Matty has the most talent, and can be freerer to express it, Sean needs more discipline and intelligence which requires more support from coaching and players.

Disagree I think Sean is way more talented those few months under Rafa he was sensational as one of his pivots.

Matty has just popped up with the odd goal rather than complete performances.

Guest Butcher

Better write him off, just to be sure :thup: :idiot2:

Disagree I think Sean is way more talented.

You’re looking at Shaun at 3 years ahead of Matty. Matty in 3 years will be further ahead than his brother now.

Neither longstaff was helped by our "tactics" this season, so they should be given time. Sean was brilliant under Rafa with a clearly defined role and responsibilities.

:thup:

Guest chopey

Neither longstaff was helped by our "tactics" this season, so they should be given time. Sean was brilliant under Rafa with a clearly defined role and responsibilities.

:thup:

I was amazed Rice got in the England team before Sean but he has fell back massively under Bruce.