COALITION OF RESISTANCE

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

Back to the Future

Traditionally the 1930s, the era of worldwide economic depression and the rise of Hitler and the Nazis in Germany was known as the ‘Devil’s Decade’. However, as I don’t remember that era, the worst period in my lifetime was exactly fifty years later - the 1980s. This was the era when Margaret Thatcher ran amok through our industries and communities in NE England, whilst making her infamous comment to Woman’s Own magazine in ‘87, there was, “no such thing as society, just individuals and families.”

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/CF7BB134AA4A85B280257901006CC1B0?OpenDocument

What are you talking about? Man.

Unemployment was at only 1 million, 3 years later it was at 5 million, while she did...absolutely nothing.

The Tory 'economic' plan, if you haven't noticed it happening now, is to withdraw investment in public bodies, let unemployment and job insecurity grow, to push down wages - not share prices - wages.

Unemployment was at only 1 million, 3 years later it was at 5 million, while she did...absolutely nothing.

The Tory 'economic' plan, if you haven't noticed it happening now, is to withdraw investment in public bodies, let unemployment and job insecurity grow, to push down wages - not share prices - wages.

Was that the price of smashign the unions tho?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The current legal minimum wage can't be lowered, can it?  :harry:

I'm sure they'll give it a damn good go.

I'm sure they'll give it a damn good go.

Wasn't some business group or tory suggesting a few months back, the best way or one way to help us out of a recession would be to abolish the minimum wage.

Cant remember the exact details but it was on  the BBC.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Really? Jesus. Its bad enough as it, was lucky enough to have a good job when I was u21 so didn't have to cope with the pathetic £3 p/h or whatever it was back then. Can't imagine being on anything less than £6 p/h being manageable to be 'comfortable'.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Maybe if I still lived at home, it'd be 'manageable', but in the adult world? No chance, not when things are only going to get more expensive anyway. Fuel/heating/electricity will never be lowered.