SAFESTORE

Crumpy Gunt

Never used them but used a company called Big Yellow when I moved out of my flat and back in with the parents for a couple of months. Was no hassle at all and really easy. So glad I did it rather than get rid of a load of stuff.

Never used them but used a company called Big Yellow when I moved out of my flat and back in with the parents for a couple of months. Was no hassle at all and really easy. So glad I did it rather than get rid of a load of stuff.

Expensive? I'm doing the same as well mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyone stored anything with these? Idea about costs per week/month etc?

Got some furniture - washer/dryer, cooker etc to store for an indefinite time at this stage.

http://www.safestore.co.uk/storage/north_east/newcastle.aspx?gclid=cicrmyvji6scfvblfaodcg72uw

Used them a month or so back, I needed storage for 2 weeks but you get 2 free so I got 4 and I paid 140 odd quid, mind I was renting quite a large space. Quite a hassle and faff on regarding paperwork and such and they'll try and get you to pay 11 quid for a shity padlock. I wouldn't use them again like, too much of a faff on. Our storage was right on the top floor and we had to reverse our van right up a steep ramp which nearly killed the clutch, plus they had no trolleys. This is the one behind Centre of Life by the way.

Look in the yellow papers or gumtree a lot of people hire out their garages for a few quid a week. My mate used to hire his out in Shieldfield for 20 quid a week before he sold up, loads are doing it apperently.

Was paying around a hundred a month maybe a bit less from what I can remember it was a couple of years ago. The process itself was really easy though and would recommend it, 90 a week sounds really steep in terms of price.

also crumpy, FYI you dont need to hire the biggest containers

you can fit alot more in that you think.

Definately get proper boxes and you can go high with them, makes it alot cheaper.