Your Greatest Online Gaming Moments

Hanshithispantz

I'm not a thread starter (twisted thread starter) so this will more than likely be shit, but as the title says, list your top 5 (or 4, 3, 2, 1, 8 I don't care) moments of online gaming.

I'm fairly shite at most games online, and don't really play many anymore, so most of mine stem from slight moments of self gratification, or me being a dick, rather than raking up 40+ kill counts and single handedly saving my team from the brink of death.

Some that stick out for me are:

5. Whilst playing Shadowrun, I once (with the help of a pal) rallied our team together to simultaneously file a harassment complaint against some random guy in the squad for the craic. I don't know if anything came of it, I don't really care, it was a proud moment for me.

4. Heard some lad's mar telling him off for swearing down the mic.  

3. Max Paine'd a guy once on Black-Ops by sprint-diving over a balcony and popping a cap in his ass. Probably tried this about 90% of my Black-Ops play time, pulled it off once. Worth it.

2. Went on a 6 match winning streak against 5* teams with Barnet on FIFA 10. Albert Adomah was a beast.

1. Strapped C4 to a jeep and suicide bombed a group of Insurgents who had my team pinned down and a bridge held on BF2. This might have saved us the match, it probably didn't, but it could have. Actualy, it fucking did.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7623/unledypx.jpg

I don't know if I can rank them, but...

Flying the chopper in BF2. Either with N-O'ers or with a friend of mine. Pure laughs.

Goalie in Fifa last year, specifically my 10/10 motm game with the double save that none of you fucking assholes seem to fucking remember, for some fucking reason.

:lol: Hitting Clay with a roundhouse in Tekken that was so hard and perfectly timed that he rage quit.

FIFA vs Decky. I talk shit, but we argue like we actually know one another. It's good shit.

Recently: Perfectly timed pipe bomb through the gap in the roof over the bridge in 2Fort to take out Clay bombing towards the intelligence.

Overall: WPTFCL Div 1 CHAMPION Mug, Frostwyrm from ICC meta achievement. Im sure there is more, I just can't remember.  :laugh2:

Guest Stephen927

Joined an online league on FIFA 11 and won it by a point with the worst team in the league. Was custom teams and I had the lowest budget. Won the cup on penalties too. Top scorers in the league were my strikers, Llorente and Gameiro.

Trolling american wankers on GoW that go for the hammer of dawn trophy.  Just join their game and then when they fuck about trying to get their kill I pop up with a shotgun and kill the feckers  :snod:.  Not played online for about 2-3 year though, need to sort that out.

Always enjoyed playing CoD4 with my mates. Killing all 6 of the other team in one shot from spawn in a round of SnD was pretty special, even if it was from noobtubing. Had some good moments on FIFA, can't remember anything specific though.

Sniping 2 pilots out of helicopters on BFBC2 in one game. That shit's the bomb. Also, schooling motherfuckers on Risk online makes me feel like a genuine tactical genius. Watching them fall into my carefully laid plans, shit. Amazing.

Guest Stephen927

The Crackdown tower was probably one of my best moments, aye. There needs to be more achievements like that in games, funny as fuck.

Ste how do you join a custom team league? I've never even knew they existed :lol:

Basically create a new squad file. Transfer every player out. You start with a budget of say £130m. Then you value players by rating. So for example a 68 would cost £2m, and it goes up by .5m per rating.

Then you get prize money for finishing place in the league. Like £30m for winner, £5m for winner of the cup. Was quite good.

It's not a feature in the game like the custom friends league, you just tally up the league yourself and keep that squad file seperate from your default file which updates every so often.

The Crackdown tower was probably one of my best moments, aye. There needs to be more achievements like that in games, funny as fuck.

Ste how do you join a custom team league? I've never even knew they existed :lol:

Basically create a new squad file. Transfer every player out. You start with a budget of say £130m. Then you value players by rating. So for example a 68 would cost £2m, and it goes up by .5m per rating.

Then you get prize money for finishing place in the league. Like £30m for winner, £5m for winner of the cup. Was quite good.

It's not a feature in the game like the custom friends league, you just tally up the league yourself and keep that squad file seperate from your default file which updates every so often.

Sounds like a pretty good idea that, I love making and playing tournaments like that with your mates.

Guest Stephen927

Sounds like a pretty good idea that, I love making and playing tournaments like that with your mates.

My team was:

Hilario

Gassama            Radu               Zapata             Enrique

Tiote

Ben Arfa                     Zhirkov

Arteta

Llorente         Gameiro

So much more fun and involving than 4 star limit leagues. My bench was absolute shite mind but lucky I didn't get any suspensions.

Second season I got banned cos I didn't get on with a few of them, but it was still epic to join the league and win everything despite them being a few seasons ahead of me in terms of team development. Had to play some ugly defensive football at times but by the end it was free flowing. Clinched the league with a 3-1 win over second place.

Ah right, that sounds pretty cool. Going to have to try it when FIFA 12 ships.

Hmm...

5. Playing Rise of Nations online, rushing a huge Mongol horde about a hundred odd strong through neighbouring Germany (they fired on the move, you usually used small bands of them to launch smaller raids but I went a bit overkill :lol:) and wiping out just about every living thing in his nation in the space of less than 5 minutes.

4. Hitting someone with a sticky grenade from about a million miles away on Halo 2.

3. First Modern Warfare, I was up in a building with the Barrett 50 cal and for some strange reason the entire opposing team felt that the only way they could get to me was straight through a narrow street with little cover in very clear line of sight from the window. I finished with a k/d ratio of 49/1.

2. Killing two people with one sniper rifle shot on Halo 3.

1. Battlefield 1942, successfully pulling off the 'put explosives on jeep, drive jeep at enemies, jump out before you hit enemies then blow up jeep' trick has to be top for me too :thup: :lol:

Some of my best moments have come from Stickys in Halo.. that game is full of WTF, did I just do that? moments.

Really need to stick Reach back in the system.

I'd say that roundhouse kick was my lowest moment in online gaming, was absolutely furious.

Getting 26 kills in a game of Search and Destroy on MW2

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5653/26338326422253692584110.jpg

Getting a 43 kill streak on MW2 without kill streaks equipped, scavenger baby!

Numerous 6 on 1 clutches on SND on MW2

Getting over 100 kills (more than everyone else in the game added together) and the least amount of kills in a game of HQ on MW2 by just stabbing and throwing knifing.

Getting 63 kills in a game of TDM on MW2

Numerous other crazy scores on MW2, a lot #9 could vouch for :lol:

Killing the whole enemy team as the tank on L4D2 with one car hit :D

Getting a +319 head shot bonus on BF2 with the M24

In 2000 when I was at my peak playing Outlaws and got accepted into the clan (or posse as we called it) SOD (Stormtroopers of Deutschland) which were among the oldest, most respected and most skilled posses around.

I wore that SOD tag with a pride never rivaled in my entire gaming history. God I miss that game...