Playing Videos On Xbox 360 Problem

MidfieldGeneral

I have 2 360's, one in the living room the other in the bedroom.

The mrs has started watching videos on the one upstairs so I bought a 2nd usb flash drive so we could both watch stuff at the same time if need be.

I've had a 4gb Sandisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive for years now and never had any problems with it. The latest one I bought was a Transcend 8GB JetFlash 300 USB Flash Drive which works fine in the pc or laptop but when it's in both 360's neither will pick up videos on it.

Does anyone know how to solve this ?

I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 doesnt support devices that are in NTFS format, so it may be that. Plug the pen in to your computer and go to My Computer, right click on the Removable Disk for your pen, click properties and under General, it will say File System, this will either be NTFS or FAT. If its NTFS then that is why, if its FAT then I dunno, are the videos the right format?

Cheers for replying Decky. I've come to the conclusion that it's goosed.

It's FAT32, I've formatted it and still get problems. Yesterday I formatted so it was compatible for moving game saves between both 360's and after working initally to copy stuff onto when I put it back into the one that it had been formatted on it couldn't pick up the saves.

Gonna be used for pc use now and I'm gonna pick up another.