Here's what we could have won...

Guest TheSummerOf69

Guest TheSummerOf69

How about a thread to keep an eye on how all the miriad transfer targets that evaded Ashley's tight grasp are doing?

Daniel Sturridge has just been picked ahead of Torres, and scored a great backheel goal against the Mackems. I can't help but think if only we'd said to Liverpool you can have Carroll but only if we get Sturridge for 10m.

Then they'd have said to Chelsea you can only have Torres if we get Carroll by you selling Sturridge, which last season they'd probably been happy to do. Then we'd really have been sitting pretty on the deal even while Ashley still had a good wedge in his back pocket after forking out for a top class striking prospect AND the bore hole.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why would Liverpool have cared about us getting Sturridge? You're going to drive yourself nuts keeping this thread up to date.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Why would Liverpool have cared about us getting Sturridge? You're going to drive yourself nuts keeping this thread up to date.

Some of our "targets" may still be available in January. (Even if we aren't any more likely to splash out. )

Not Sturridge though, no.

If we're including Sturridge as a 'transfer target' (otherwise known as guy mentioned a lot on here because the fans would love him, not someone that was a) available or b) had interest declared in him by anyone close to the club) you're going to have to keep us up to date with a lot of players mate. Good luck. :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8458/docbrown1.jpg

:lol:

Finally Mike uses a Pop Culture reference people outside of Mike's House will understand

We couldn't pay Sturridge's wages, wouldn't matter if he was for sale for £10m, never mind £20m.

Why? What's he on?

80k isn't it? Pretty sure we won't go much above 50k. Whether we should or not is a whole topic by itself.

We couldn't pay Sturridge's wages, wouldn't matter if he was for sale for £10m, never mind £20m.

Why? What's he on?

well he wanted 60k plus from City before he left there for Chelsea so not exactly hard to imagine he's on about that

Guest TheSummerOf69

Why? What's he on?

60k when he signed for chelsea, if you believe one report.

He'd probably have expected his wages to drop on leaving Chelsea (last year, anyway) in return for regular Premiership football, wouldn't he?

Why? What's he on?

80k isn't it? Pretty sure we won't go much above 50k. Whether we should or not is a whole topic by itself.

So "couldn't" is a misrepresentation. And I've no idea what he's on, neither do you.

I do know that they have made out like Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Carroll were all on mega money that was unsubstainable and yet the wage bill has supposedly gone up by 7%. So what are the new lads on?

Why? What's he on?

So "couldn't" is a misrepresentation. And I've no idea what he's on, neither do you.

I do know that they have made out like Enrique, Barton, Nolan, Carroll were all on mega money that was unsubstainable and yet the wage bill has supposedly gone up by 7%. So what are the new lads on?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/6990213/Daniel-Sturridge-could-cost-Chelsea-as-much-as-6.5m.html

Guest TheSummerOf69

Where's that come from? I'm surprised.

Where's that come from? I'm surprised.

The 7% figure? The club's responses to the Chronicle questions.