BF3 vs MW3

Dokko

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just incase there are undecided people on the forum wondering which one to pick, I thought I'd run this Dudek to see where our gamers are going...

I had thought of putting both as an option but really, I want you to nail your flag to the mast.  :thup:

Cheers.

Oh I'm totally undecided btw.  :lol:

Funny to think before MW2 I had never played that kind of game. Now I've put in a gazillion hours. Will definitely be getting MW3 and looking forward to it.

I'm very much ignorant as to why BF series might be better though.

BF3, don't think I'm even going to bother getting MW3. It'll be fun online, but will have no depth, you can see that from the clips already.

BF3 is going to be whatever the community makes it. I hope all the COD players who love nothing more than to exploit the game to get massive scores don't come over.

Not aimed at anyone here but I've heard a lot of people mentioning cod as 'arcade' and Battlefield as 'realistic' which is annoying. The only reason why people think Battlefield is a more realistic game is because its core design is built around large games/maps in an objective mode, whereas CoD still has its major roots in the old deathmatch ways. DICE have said numerous times over the years about how it is an arcade style shooter which favours balance before realism. And in some ways, Battlefield is less realistic than CoD, especially if you look at things like bullet damage. Aiming mechanics in either game aren't realistic either. Battlefield definitely feels more 'realistic' because it encompasses more than CoD though. Battlefield can be extremely fast and untactical aswell just as COD can be slow and tactical when playing competetive rules, they're totally different games but in the same spectrum if you wan't a realistic war simylator play ArmA.

I'll be getting both btw. :lol:

You have to admit it has gotten a bit out of hand with the perks and upgrades you unlock using those coins that you get on Black Ops. For example, if you get a 4 killstreak or something you get to drive an RC car around the map with a bomb strapped to it. Granted, i have no idea whether BF3 will be any different but the map size hopefully means 25+ killstreaks are a thing of the past. Judging by the trailers and gameplay previews for both games it's easy to tell that BF3 will have better quality graphics and bigger map sizes which i've been waiting for for a while. I've never played any of the Battlefield games so i don't really know what it's going to be like other than this, but it'll definitely be refreshing playing a different game series for once.

You have to admit it has gotten a bit out of hand with the perks and upgrades you unlock using those coins that you get on Black Ops. For example, if you get a 4 killstreak or something you get to drive an RC car around the map with a bomb strapped to it. Granted, i have no idea whether BF3 will be any different but the map size hopefully means 25+ killstreaks are a thing of the past. Judging by the trailers and gameplay previews for both games it's easy to tell that BF3 will have better quality graphics and bigger map sizes which i've been waiting for for a while. I've never played any of the Battlefield games so i don't really know what it's going to be like other than this, but it'll definitely be refreshing playing a different game series for once.

Well in Battlefield 2 you could rape an entire team and rack up 44 kills in the first 5 minutes of a round from ground pounding. EA has marketed it well as some sort of COD antagonist and alot of newcomers seem to be under the impression that BF is some kind of realistic tactical shooter like ArmA, OFP, RO, PR or America's Army, when it's just an objective based arcade shooter. It does have a steeper learning curve than COD but ultimately doesn't require any more skill, infact most of the top COD console players dominate Battlefield games on PC fairly easily.

BF feels like the more realistic of the two to me like.

You don't have big fuck off flashing XP shit flying in your face along with 'perks' and killstreaks for starters.

Then there's the movement which feels more weighted and the guns which feel heavier with recoil and bullet drop.

It's still an arcade game yes, but COD is like Outrun compared to Project Gotham Racing in terms of arcadeyness. Basing this on MW2 and BC2 btw..

Spacemarines.

Not really worthy of a purchase imo.

Im really enjoying it.

Its got multi player issue in the sense that you cant even play it yet due to a bug.  Single player is superb, itchin to play on line.

Where are you up to, I'm at part III- the weapon, guessing it's the last part, chapters sometimes come up then sometimes they don't, not seen a chapter come up since 8, it's ok like, better than expected but very repetitive.

I used to enjoy cod4 and in some aspects mw2 to the point where I could play by myself for a few hours and not get bored, as far as black ops goes though I can barely manage a game and I get bored.. I'll probably get both MW3 and BF3.