I don't Like It! Put It Back!

Keefaz

It looks slick but one criticism that I have would be that the 'started by x' message that is underneath every thread title in the main forum page makes the page look cluttered. Is there a way to differentiate between that and the thread title? Maybe reducing the size of that message and focusing more on the content i.e. the thread title?

Where ma avatar at?

We hope you enjoy your new surroundings.

If you find any problems whatsoever, please inform us here.

You will have to re-upload an avatar as the maximum allowed size has been reduced. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Yao doesn't blend into the background now!

Must only post on odd numbers if you want images to blend in. :lol:

I like it, meself. Different, but I'm sure it'll grow on everyone pretty soon.

Gonna have to get used to threads with new posts not being bolded anymore, though.

Maybe bold the thread titles? It's just blending into the background of the page now and you have to strain your eyes to read it. Well, maybe it's my 13" screen but I'm having to strain to read the thread titles.

Aye, really don't like that how it is.

I'm not loving the whole change, but tbh, it'll grow on me and im sure it was needed.

I actually like the change a lot, except that the font size for certain things, like the links back to the main pages that are at the top of each page on each thread - this: Newcastle-Online » General » Chat » Topic:  I don't Like It! Put It Back! - could be bigger. The forum looks very slick. It definitely looks very clean and easy to read.

If you don't plan on having a separate column for the name of the thread starter then might as well go the redcafe route and make it as small as possible, and find a place to list the number of pages elsewhere. Maybe list the pages on the same line as the name of the thread?

Yeah, thread titles have to stand out when there are new posts. The rest of it is quite nice. Ap said most of it already.

The text size for active users needs reducing.

Yup. Just noticed this. It's huge when you're viewing the main forum page. It looks all right - nice and small - when you're actually in a thread.

The left side is a bit cluttered. Maybe lose the search box and move the Home...etc stuff up and over there?

Maybe even at the bottom of the page.

Or you could move the stuff above that back to the right.

Yeah, thread titles have to stand out when there are new posts. The rest of it is quite nice. Ap said most of it already.

The text size for active users needs reducing.

Yup. Just noticed this. It's huge when you're viewing the main forum page. It looks all right - nice and small - when you're actually in a thread.

We're aware of this :thup:

For everyone's reference, we're not going to be able to incorporate all the changes everybody wants. One of the problems we've had in the past is that our theme was absolutely butchered and as such caused us a lot of problems because it was so non-standard. We will try to change things where we can, but fundamental changes to this theme cause more trouble than they are worth.

Please bear with us. :thup: