Once Again to Libya

Vinny Green Balls

It'll take my mind off a really shit ending to the transfer window.

I'm going to establish a music festival near the ancient Greek ruins of Cyrene.  It's the perfect location for one.  I had this idea when I was there, because the art and music movement coming out of the East nothing less than vibrant.  So I thought, why not broadcast their newfound voice to the rest of the world through a rocking festival?  This is phase 3 of the West of Tobruk project, and this is what the documentary is really about, the re-coalescing of a nation, but now highlighting this with a singular event. 

Anyway, I think it's a fantastic idea; there has already been a slight buzz on this end, but I am going back because I saw the movie 'Blow', and understand the importance of keeping your contacts secure.

More info:  http://www.indiegogo.com/17th-February-Music-Festival?a=112180&i=addr

I will also be updating daily from Benghazi.  You'll be able to find the updates at www.westoftobruk.com

Wish me luck.

I seriously did think about moving.  The level of douchebaggery in LA has been a bit harder to deal with.  I met with a producer who flat out told us that the only thing of value that we have is the footage of people being torn to pieces by anti aircraft rounds.  His company specializes in reality tv, so it's no real surprise.  But the level of apathy toward what I saw, apart from a few talks I gave, was a bit difficult even if it was expected.

Then there were the assholes who formed ironclad opinions about Libya without ever actually having been there, or for that matter, being able to point it out on a map.  Far left claims I lied about what I saw.  Far right claims that they are all Al Qaeda, and I am in cahoots.  This country has seriously gone nuts.  Not the silent majority, mind you, but the vocal minority.  It's amazing how people can form such ironclad opinions without possessing anything resembling evidence.  And of course the media in no way is helping this. 

In truth, I think I'll have to stay in LA for a bit longer.  It's not a bad place as long as you transport 13 million of its inhabitants to Greenland.

I seriously did think about moving.  The level of douchebaggery in LA has been a bit harder to deal with.  I met with a producer who flat out told us that the only thing of value that we have is the footage of people being torn to pieces by anti aircraft rounds.  His company specializes in reality tv, so it's no real surprise.  But the level of apathy toward what I saw, apart from a few talks I gave, was a bit difficult even if it was expected.

Then there were the assholes who formed ironclad opinions about Libya without ever actually having been there, or for that matter, being able to point it out on a map.  Far left claims I lied about what I saw.  Far right claims that they are all Al Qaeda, and I am in cahoots.  This country has seriously gone nuts.  Not the silent majority, mind you, but the vocal minority.  It's amazing how people can form such ironclad opinions without possessing anything resembling evidence.  And of course the media in no way is helping this. 

In truth, I think I'll have to stay in LA for a bit longer.  It's not a bad place as long as you transport 13 million of its inhabitants to Greenland.

What the fuck do you have against Greenland and the Inuits man :D

Dont do that to them :lol:

Good luck dude, sounds very interesting!

Thanks, man.  This may well be my last shot.  Am tired of squeaking by just to be a filmmaker. 

I've had shit boring jobs as well.  This is what drove me to do these things.  Anti-aircraft guns seems a better bet than smug Prius drivers who feel that they are allowed to cut you off because they are polluting a little less than you.

Good luck once again QM and remember to stay safe. Your plan as well in the OP sounds brilliant too, this really sounds like a fascinating documentary.

See you when you get back. :thup:

Well, I won't, because I don't have a clue who you are. Bu y'kna wha a mean.

Thanks, man.  This may well be my last shot.  Am tired of squeaking by just to be a filmmaker. 

I've had shit boring jobs as well.  This is what drove me to do these things.  Anti-aircraft guns seems a better bet than smug Prius drivers who feel that they are allowed to cut you off because they are polluting a little less than you.

http://thelostjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/south_park_smug.jpg

I have had a lot of cunning plans in the past.  But I really think that this is the cunning plan to end all cunning plans.  The East is ripe for something like this.  And some asshole will do it sooner or later.  All proceeds from the festival will go the Ashley's war chest.  Operating costs, particularly on the borehole.

am also going to post up a sneak preview of my new film, a short doc entitled WE WIN OR WE DIE.  It's about an average man whose threshold is crossed from watching the killing of protesters from his balcony.  He loads his car with dynamite and gas cylinders and crashes into the great fortress of Benghazi.  The protesters storm through, and Benghazi is won.

This has been the most emotionally exhausting work of my life, but I remain extremely proud of it.  I expect it to make MAJOR waves in the festivals, and would be honored if you saw it.  The only thing that needs work is a bit of sound mixing.