Tracks you love by artists you don't

Mowen

I was listening to the Yeasayer on the way home today and it got me thinking. How many bands out there who have absolutely nailed it on one occasion for some magical pop music but can't live up to those highs even for an entire album. Not even necessarily bands you hate, just those that lure you in with an absolute cracker to get you going but don't excite you in anywhere near the same way when you listen to anything else by them, sort of personal one hit wonders if you will. A few to get you started off the top of my head, I'm thinking of building a playlist along these lines for running so help appreciated. Sure I'll think of more over time.

Yeasayer - ONE

Cyndi Lauper - Time after Time

Buzzcocks - Ever fallen in Love

Chairlift - Bruises

The Bravery - An Honest Mistake

MIA - Paper Planes

Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

Aesop Rock - Daylight

Beirut - Nantes

Joy Division - Love will tear us apart (not really fair as I love Joy Division but my ears pretty much jizz themselves off my face when they hear this, nothing comes close by them or anyone else)

The MIA and Bravery tracks are excellent shouts, Mowen.

Off the top of my head I'd say The Walkmen by The Rat, Atlas by Battles and I even quite liked Party Hard by Andrew WK.  The Walkmen one is the worst/best example.

The first twat to say Creep by Radiohead deserves an electric shock to the face by the way.

I don't even like Creep. I had to play it in my last band.

I do like a lot of stuff of the first three records; High and Dry, Just, Street Spirit, My Iron Lung etc. it's the more current stuff I don't like.

Yeah, the stuff that's categorised as "that beepy racket that kids can't get enough of these days".

I do like a lot of stuff of the first three records; High and Dry, Just, Street Spirit, My Iron Lung etc. it's the more current stuff I don't like.

Yeah, the stuff that's categorised as "that beepy racket that kids can't get enough of these days".

Fuck them kids. They make me feel old. I'm only 19 for christ's sake :rant:

Fuck them kids. They make me feel old. I'm only 19 for christ's sake :rant:

You're 19?! Fuck off! I always had you down as like mid-thirties. :lol:

The Cure were quality but Boy's don't Cry is head and shoulders above the rest of their work imo.

Personally prefer A Forest.

Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey.  I like a lot of Blondie's stuff but Atomic is the only track that fits into the top bracket of songs imo.

f*** them kids. They make me feel old. I'm only 19 for christ's sake :rant:

You're 19?! f*** off! I always had you down as like mid-thirties. :lol:

I'm closer to 20 if that's any good to you.