Is it time for Wenger to go?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he's a brilliant manager but I think he's lost sight of what he's trying to achieve at Arsenal. They are such a confused side with new young players coming in all the time and then either being sold off or being proved to not be to up to the task. The signings he made this window were poor in my opinion. I don't think Arteta is a long-term solution, I don't think Gervinho will improve them enough, Oxlade is too young, haven't seen enough of Mertesacker. I do however think Jenkinson will prove to be a good player but again, not for another two/three years.

When you can buy players who can improve you right now, why buy players that will improve you in the future? I could understand it if the first team was playing well and successful but they're not right now. They look absolutely shot in regards to confidence and young players/new players are going to struggle all the more with that.

If he was to leave Arsenal, I think they'd be a little fucked for a while because the team right now just isn't working at all (defence especially) but I definitely think it would be a great move for Arsene. At a different club, he could maybe get back to just developing a good passing game, attacking philosophy and shake off all the shit and confusion that is blatantly apparent at Arse right now

I think he's a brilliant manager but I think he's lost sight of what he's trying to achieve at Arsenal. They are such a confused side with new young players coming in all the time and then either being sold off or being proved to not be to up to the task. The signings he made this window were poor in my opinion. I don't think Arteta is a long-term solution, I don't think Gervinho will improve them enough, Oxlade is too young, haven't seen enough of Mertesacker. I do however think Jenkinson will prove to be a good player but again, not for another two/three years.

When you can buy players who can improve you right now, why buy players that will improve you in the future? I could understand it if the first team was playing well and successful but they're not right now. They look absolutely shot in regards to confidence and young players/new players are going to struggle all the more with that.

If he was to leave Arsenal, I think they'd be a little fucked for a while because the team right now just isn't working at all (defence especially) but I definitely think it would be a great move for Arsene. At a different club, he could maybe get back to just developing a good passing game, attacking philosophy and shake off all the shit and confusion that is blatantly apparent at Arse right now

Good post.

The 'confusion' has been building for a couple of seasons and now we can see how good Fabregas and Nasri really were. Think Gervinho is a good player, but might prove to be inconsistent. I agree that he needed to buy players (at least 2/3) that were genuine top tier - VP never lasts a full season either and he'll be out for for a few weeks here and there. Tricky time as missing the CL will cost then dear.

Think he has lost his way...The purist side of him is totally dictating things right now and the pragmatism seems to have been lost.

If they've not recovered to being in the top four by Christmas, they should be approaching him regarding him helping them find a successor for next season. Like we should have done with Sir Bobby btw. He might not be willing to do it, but if they genuinely want to move on it should be with Wenger's blessing if at all possible rather than simply sacking him. He's been far too big a part of their history for that IMO.

If they've not recovered to being in the top four by Christmas, they should be approaching him regarding him helping them find a successor for next season. Like we should have done with Sir Bobby btw. He might not be willing to do it, but if they genuinely want to move on it should be with Wenger's blessing if at all possible rather than simply sacking him. He's been far too big a part of their history for that IMO.

Exactly, totally agree with this

Guest CheickMansour

He'll turn it round IMO and I genuinely hope he does.

Yep. Seems like one of the few manager who could build a truly world-class team without plunging a club miles into debt.

Needs to regain some of his earlier pragmatism, though.