Violence against burglars

Beren

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14963811

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of a suspected intruder at a Greater Manchester house.

Police found a man, aged in his 30s, with knife injuries after they were called to a house in Midland Road, Bramhall, at 19:50 BST on Saturday.

The man arrested on suspicion of murder is aged 39 and believed to be the householder.

A 33-year-old man has also been arrested in connection with the burglary.

The couple who live at the house were named locally as Vincent and Karen Cooke.

The man was home alone when the burglary happened although his wife and son returned during the incident but were unharmed.

Ch Supt Tim Forber, said: "Clearly this is a serious incident in which a man has lost his life and at this time we believe the dead man was one of two men who were attempting to carry out a burglary at the house."

A post mortem examination is due to take place later on the man who died.

Floral tributes to the dead man have been laid near the scene.

After reading this and many other stories, part of me feels for people who get done for violence against burglars.

If you had a family and you thought they were under threat, in the heat of the moment, to react with "unreasonable" force could very well be quite reasonable. I thought we had a prowler when I was with my ex once, and I was ready to rumble in the dark before I realised it was a drunk crying friend who had stumbled into the wrong room :lol:

Each case is different, I suppose though.

To be honest I would shit myself and beat them until they stopped moving. I wouldn't think "hang on now, that five punches let me check the guidlines quickly and see how many more is reasonable".

If someone is in my house it's him or me.

To be honest I would shit myself and beat them until they stopped moving. I wouldn't think "hang on now, that five punches let me check the guidlines quickly and see how many more is reasonable".

Yeah, think most people would do that. You don't know what they're carrying or what they're prepared to do to burgle you.

Also reminds me of Homer Simpson, Chief Wiggum and Ned Flanders though :laugh:

I wonder if the law will ever get changed on this given the apparent "moral consensus" of the population on the issue. (Assuming the five replies on this thread are representative of the country).

If I found someone in my house that shouldn't be there I'd kill them. No problem, and wouldn't feel at all bad about it. I'd hope the jury show humanity and refuse to convict me, I'd do the same for anyone else in that position.

Totally :nods:

When someone breaks into another's home they obviously have balls and are likely willing to be violent.

For me, if someone broke into my home and my family were here (which they always are) I'd likely go for the kill right off and worry about the consequences later. Wouldn't want the slightest risk or possibility of risk to my girls.

Just being honest :knuppel2:

I'd 100% hate for it to ever happen, though. Fuck no :(

its canny hard to kill catch one tbh. ive tried but they run like fuck out the house when they realise your coming after them.

Sums up my feelings. It astounds me how so many criminals get so much protection in various instances, and this is one of the worst.

Weren't the Tories on about changing the law on this? Probably bullshitting to get in like.

Yeah I am sure Cameron said something about it quite recently (ie since being in power).

a guy got off just this/ last month- cps said he used reasonable force- Its no coincidence we have a tory PM.

The law has been clarified by the government recently, there's been a couple of recent notable incidents where there has been no further action taken, arrest is inevitable though until the facts have been ascertained. Don't be surprised to see this go the same way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14248097

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13957587

:thup:

I'd love to know what goes through the minds of soft cunts who think it's unacceptable to use violence on someone who's threatening you and your family and/or trying to steal your belongings, all whilst trespassing on your property. Not even convinced said people exist tbh.

If somebody's breaking into your house then there's a fair chance it's a junkie desperate for a few quid to buy smack.  I've heard too many stories about junkies threatening people with infected needles to have any mercy.  I keep a claw hammer beside my bed at night and if somebody's in my house when they shouldn't be then that hammer's going through their face as many times as it takes for me to be satisfied that they're not getting back up.  If it means prison then prison's better than Hepatitis C.

Totally :nods:

When someone breaks into another's home they obviously have balls and are likely willing to be violent.

For me, if someone broke into my home and my family were here (which they always are) I'd likely go for the kill right off and worry about the consequences later. Wouldn't want the slightest risk or possibility of risk to my girls.

Just being honest :knuppel2:

I'd 100% hate for it to ever happen, though. Fuck no :(

its canny hard to kill catch one tbh. ive tried but they run like fuck out the house when they realise your coming after them.

To be honest...if they ran out the house I wouldn't chase them and I'd be massively revealed. It would be 'situation avoided' and I'd just check to see if anyone else was around.

As long as my heart didn't give up with the huge adrenalin hit it would take...it would be the preferred outcome :lol:

I take it i this scenario you were sleeping Naked when you chased them?

If somebody's breaking into your house then there's a fair chance it's a junkie desperate for a few quid to buy smack.  I've heard too many stories about junkies threatening people with infected needles to have any mercy.  I keep a claw hammer beside my bed at night and if somebody's in my house when they shouldn't be then that hammer's going through their face as many times as it takes for me to be satisfied that they're not getting back up.  If it means prison then prison's better than Hepatitis C.

I know it's a serious subject and all, but :lol:

my opinion is, if they break into your house, then thier protection from the law should stop when they enter, if they get killed, tough- shouldnt be there then it wouldnt happen. straightforward tbh.

Completely agree with this.

In my opinion there's two situations.

If you see an unarmed guy in your house stealing your TV and you shoot/stab them with intent to kill, it's going too far. Aim for their leg or shoulder or something that's not immediately lethal.

If you see a guy in your house with a weapon, you should be able to do whatever the fuck you want.

Guest CheickMansour

:thup:

I'd love to know what goes through the minds of soft c***s who think it's unacceptable to use violence on someone who's threatening you and your family and/or trying to steal your belongings, all whilst trespassing on your property. Not even convinced said people exist tbh.

I honestly don't think they do, think it's just media shit-stirring and hyperbole really. I don't have much faith in the modern media.