What ex-Toon players are up to...

Guest TheSummerOf69

Guest TheSummerOf69

I don't want to bump the Owen thread and make everybody ill, so I'll put this in here and it could maybe be used as a general ex-Toon players thread.

From the BBC:

Michael Owen, on scoring twice against Leeds took his goal streak to 11 goals in 12 starts (but over 2 years):

"The pressure is on when you get into this side because you don't get many chances. When you get picked you have to perform - or you won't see the pitch for another couple of months."

He obviously responds better to the pressure of playing once in a blue moon, against lower division opponents, than he did to the pressure of trying to justify his mega-wage and status as Captain by doing the business for us when it mattered or looking like he gave a sh*t.

:rant:

He (Owen) will always, always perform in a team that will give him the chances. Love him or hate him, he'll put away more chances than our Shola, Ba and Lovenkrands.

In the team he played in late 2009 he was always going to struggle, he wasn't the 'great' Michael Owen anymore who would get the ball at the half-way line and beat 6 players to score - no, he was just a decent goal poacher who would put his chances away - why he didn't put it away against Portsmouth, though, I will never understand.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Franck Dumas is currently manager of Caen where he's managed for 6 years now, doing a solid job for a relatively small club currently in the top-half of Ligue 1.

Ex-toon (briefly!), speaks French, and is used to working on a budget but keeping his club in the top division. If he doesn't mind lying for his employers you might have found our reserve manager-in-waiting, should Alan Pardew do anything wrong in Ashley's eyes (like letting team spirit grow too much, or playing reserve teams in the cup and losing)...

Guest johnson293

Theres a few in here, with pics of them now/recently....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.133441786725683.25842.132254886844373&type=1

I thought Ian Bogie was a fat lookalike, but then I got to Kevin Carr. Heesus! Too many doughnuts while working for the police, I fear...

What about Andy Thorn... spitting dabs of Ross Kemp now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheSummerOf69

Carroll scored his first of the season, and from an Enrique pass.

Darren Ambrose's opener from 6 yards for Crystal Palace is cancelled out by Kevin Nolan's goal, but he then misses 2 good chances on the way to a 2-2 as Big Sam's West Ham stayed in 4th.

From central midfield Joey Barton captained QPR to a 6-0 loss at Fulham.

;D

• 4 weeks later...