Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I can see why yous would be fuming with how he's acted over the years but maybe, just maybe, he knew what he was doing?

The proof is in the pudding. You're 6th with a very decent looking team indeed and you're on the verge of getting a highly rated striker, as well as already having one of Europe's top scorers in the side.

Not that I'm jealous at all, whatsoever.

The real surprise for me is that we are spending up to £10m on a 26 year old player. A very happy surprise though. I just wonder if Ashley has seen that the top 4 places are up for grabs and with a smart signing like this and a full back we could just sneak in there without breaking the bank?

I can see why yous would be fuming with how he's acted over the years but maybe, just maybe, he knew what he was doing?

The proof is in the pudding. You're 6th with a very decent looking team indeed and you're on the verge of getting a highly rated striker, as well as already having one of Europe's top scorers in the side.

You're absolutely right, but I'm sure you can understand why we're terrified that it could be a case of "too good to be true".

You're absolutely right, but I'm sure you can understand why we're terrified that it could be a case of "too good to be true".

Of course, and I'm not saying positive stuff means you can't have big, big questions about how you've got to this point. But as I say, the bottom line is you're arguably the club progressing the most in the whole league at the moment, maybe alongside Spurs. Ashley has to take a great deal of credit for that.

The guy is a successful businessman, you don't make a billion without having something about you. Just maybe he's learning to adapt to the football business, and also has the right people around him now.

I've always believed that if he can apply the ruthless approach he takes to his other businesses to football we might end up being on the right side of transfer deals for a change. If he's learned to adapt to the environment of football things could be looking up.

Not saying he wouldn't sell a player for mega money, but then most clubs who aren't Man City would do that.

Of course, and I'm not saying positive stuff means you can't have big, big questions about how you've got to this point. But as I say, the bottom line is you're arguably the club progressing the most in the whole league at the moment, maybe alongside Spurs. Ashley has to take a great deal of credit for that.

Of course he does. But will the credit due be the same if we end up losing Ba, Krul, Tiote or Coloccini? All credit will be given to the man if he can keep the group of lads together. Start selling, and we're in a precarious situation again. Thin line between love and hate.

Of course he does. But will the credit due be the same if we end up losing Ba, Krul, Tiote or Coloccini? All credit will be given to the man if he can keep the group of lads together. Start selling, and we're in a precarious situation again. Thin line between love and hate.

Yip. I guess we'll see how you stand on September 1st of this year.

If we sign Cisse, a defender and nobody else leaves this window - it'll have renewed a bit of faith for me regarding the owners' ambitions.

Aye.

Credit when it's due really, as it stands, well done to Ashley/Llambias if we get the Cisse transfer over the line.

Guest neesy111

If we sign Cissokho and Cisse plus a CB i will kneel down and suck Ashley's c*ck and call him daddy.

Quoted for future reference.