Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

He just wants the club to tick over without him having to be involved as its just a side show, he has no interest in the club being anything other than a advertising space for SD.

pretty sad how this is allowed to happen.

Guest Howaythetoon

He owns the club and runs it with an iron fist, only he doesn't want the grief so he's basically putting in place people he feels will make the club a friendly and nicer club but one that is still tied to his 'vision' of how it should be ran. I.e for the benefit of SD and the huge TV revenues. The Bishop is good at what he does like, mind its easy with fans like ours who will literally buy(into) any old shite.

He owns the club and runs it with an iron fist, only he doesn't want the grief so he's basically putting in place people he feels will make the club a friendly and nicer club but one that is still tied to his 'vision' of how it should be ran. I.e for the benefit of SD and the huge TV revenues. The Bishop is good at what he does like, mind its easy with fans like ours who will literally buy(into) any old s****.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there.

:rant: :rant:

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson said: “I have always got on well with Mike Ashley. He has done a lot of good things for Newcastle and people forget that. He has not got everything right but he has got a lot of things right. People forget where Newcastle might be without him.

“He has brought in Steve McClaren and he did a lot of good work while he was at our club. People forget that as well as the Carling Cup success and the UEFA Cup final that we also played in a lot of semi-finals and qualified for Europe through the league. Steve is great for Newcastle and I wish him well.”

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson said: “I have always got on well with Mike Ashley. He has done a lot of good things for Newcastle and people forget that. He has not got everything right but he has got a lot of things right. People forget where Newcastle might be without him.

“He has brought in Steve McClaren and he did a lot of good work while he was at our club. People forget that as well as the Carling Cup success and the UEFA Cup final that we also played in a lot of semi-finals and qualified for Europe through the league. Steve is great for Newcastle and I wish him well.”

& just where would you think Newcastle might be without him then Steve?

I didn't have him down for being that ignorant to be honest.

& just where would you think Newcastle might be without him then Steve?

I didn't have him down for being that ignorant to be honest.

I do, most people just listen to the sounds bites "he cleared the debt blah blah" but in reality when you start looking at things the debt is now worse.  Gibson isn't going to check out AO.com or google search Swiss ramble.  He'll just repeat what he has heard from Sky Sports news and other halfwit pundits who never research things.

Guest Roger Kint

I genuinely struggle to think of one good thing Mike Ashley has done for Newcastle. I may have Alzheimer as suggested by Gibson there, or it could be that Ashley really hasn't done anything deserving of praise.

Hard to trust Gibsons verdict when even McClaren said he hasnt met Ashley. Clearly Charnley/Carr work.

As for anything good he has done, since the day he sacked Allardyce he has generally been on a roll for shit decisions