Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Mike Ashley has done a lot more wrong than appoint SMC. Which was also poor but last in a long list. Everything from match day revenue, commercial revenue beyond TV, attendance, facilities, stadium... down across the board since he bought the club. Crap MD too.

None of which were in the point you addressed.

In a normal conversation you talk to someone regarding a particular topic and go on from there.  Simply saying something completely different in response and then attempting to argue that point doesn't really work.  If you have a particular gripe that you'd like to bring up then please feel free to do so in a meaningful and relevant way.

Your method of conversation goes:

'I don't really like the new Dolmio bolognese sauce'

'You're wrong, we should do something about the homeless problem'

The solution here then is clearly that we should set up more homeless sleeper spikes and coat them in Dolmio bolognese sauce, but because the sauce is lacking a little in tomato flavour, throw a handful of tomatos on the spikes too.

Mike Ashley has done a lot more wrong than appoint SMC. Which was also poor but last in a long list. Everything from match day revenue, commercial revenue beyond TV, attendance, facilities, stadium... down across the board since he bought the club. Crap MD too.

None of which were in the point you addressed.

In a normal conversation you talk to someone regarding a particular topic and go on from there.  Simply saying something completely different in response and then attempting to argue that point doesn't really work.  If you have a particular gripe that you'd like to bring up then please feel free to do so in a meaningful and relevant way.

Your method of conversation goes:

'I don't really like the new Dolmio bolognese sauce'

'You're wrong, we should do something about the homeless problem'

[emoji38] [emoji38]

The post I was referring to implied the club was perfectly placed to be a proper Club if we had a decent manager. But that's not the case. There's a long list of issues that stem from the very top. That prevent us being the most competitive, profitable club it can be.

The facilities aren't great in comparison to where we used to be before Ashley bought us. Likewise attendances. Lifewise match day revenue etc.

The post I was referring to implied the club was perfectly placed to be a proper Club if we had a decent manager. But that's not the case. There's a long list of issues that stem from the very top. That prevent us being the most competitive, profitable club it can be.

The facilities aren't great in comparison to where we used to be before Ashley bought us. Likewise attendances. Lifewise match day revenue etc.

Attendances and match day revenues are very much dependent on the performance of the team which is very much dependent on, wait for it, the quality of the manager.  Despite your apparent intimate knowledge of the training facilities they are top notch, the squad, whilst lacking in areas, is by no means bad, the stadium is one of the best in the country and the manager is a bloke who was sacked by Derby County.

Again, one of these doesn't fit.

If our training facilities are top notch - why have we spoken about building a new training facility for the last couple of years?

Ashley has devalued the club top to bottom the moment he walked through the doors. He's advertised in our stadium for free - damaging the brand by linking it to SD which affects other sponsors we could attract. He's hired incompetent people at every level. He's dampened our expectations. Delivered a crap football team (and manager) year after year.

The whole strategic direction of the club is awful. That needs to change (and it won't while he's here). We need to hire a proper MD and let him put in place a proper leadership team that can lead the club to success on the pitch, talking Commercial Director and more... and yes a proper football manager . There's only so much a good COO can do if the people on the Board of Directors, Owner or whatever have the wrong strategic direction of the organisation.

Can't see any of this happening with Ashley. Moyes or no Moyes.

If our training facilities are top notch - why have we spoken about building a new training facility for the last couple of years?

Ashley has devalued the club top to bottom the moment he walked through the doors. He's advertised in our stadium for free - damaging the brand by linking it to SD which affects other sponsors we could attract. He's hired incompetent people at every level. He's dampened our expectations. Delivered a crap football team (and manager) year after year.

The whole strategic direction of the club is awful. That needs to change (and it won't while he's here). We need to hire a proper MD and let him put in place a proper leadership team that can lead the club to success on the pitch, talking Commercial Director and more... and yes a proper football manager . There's only so much a good COO can do if the people on the Board of Directors, Owner or whatever have the wrong strategic direction of the organisation.

Yes, we all know Ashley is a shit.  That wasn't the point at issue.

Let me ask you this, do you think we have the 18th best squad in the league and if not, why are they underperforming?

Yes, we all know Ashley is a s***.  That wasn't the point at issue.

Let me ask you this, do you think we have the 18th best squad in the league and if not, why are they underperforming?

Over the last 24 months - in the bottom 6 squads, yeah. Real life isn't FM. If something is inherently broken at a club you can't fix it by signing a few wonderkids and expect everything to improve with a new manager. I never wanted SMC in the first place and he should be doing better. But i'm not surprised we are struggling like this. The squad has had massive holes in it for 2 years and we've only tried to fix in the last 6 months - and that is with the wrong approach.

No coincidence the clubs in the bottom 3 have been getting things wrong for YEARS in the PL. At every level - board room, managers, squad etc. the managers know aren't the worst of recent times for any of the clubs but they are all suffering from the effects of terrible decisions upon terrible decisions.

But yes - sack SMC, he's shit. But he's the last in a long line of mistakes. Tbh he's not even the last

From a fans perspective Ashley has made a whole series of poor decisions since he bought the club, however he's making money, so no problem.

Jesus, where did someone drag you back from?

Haven't been away, just lost interest in arguing when a load of kids insisted a club/board with no ambition is better than one that tries.  ;D

“The model works at the club and Mike has Newcastle United’s best interests at heart.

“They are definitely not where they should be this season, but they’ll be better next year.

“Mike won’t accept anything less than that.”

There isn't a LOL big enough in reply to this.

I know this has been said a million time, but I really don't understand this guy. We're potentially going to bring in 5 or 6 players this month for 30-40m pounds.

If he got a list of the top 20 managers in the world and started calling each them offering some ridiculous sum of money (like 10m/year) he'd get one of them to bite. Do the same for a top director or 'rising star' in the business and these January sprees won't be necessary and we'll earn more in prize money.

I know this has been said a million time, but I really don't understand this guy. We're potentially going to bring in 5 or 6 players this month for 30-40m pounds.

If he got a list of the top 20 managers in the world and started calling each them offering some ridiculous sum of money (like 10m/year) he'd get one of them to bite. Do the same for a top director or 'rising star' in the business and these January sprees won't be necessary and we'll earn more in prize money.

You can't sell a manager or director on for profit though so it probably makes no sense to him. Besides someone who is actually good at their job might have ideas above their station for the club.

You can't sell a manager or director on for profit though so it probably makes no sense to him. Besides someone who is actually good at their job might have ideas above their station for the club.

He got £3m for fucking Pardew like :lol:

He got £3m for fucking Pardew like :lol:

:lol: I'll give you that one, possibly the greatest piece of football business I have ever seen.

Surely someone smarter than me could also give him some projections on how much players would be worth if they were playing for a high performing team (and thus playing well). The manager would pay for himself.

It's all about control and power and it's so fucking irritating because we could be something.