Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It's more the instant gratification aspect. Just buying a load of immensely talented mercenaries doesn't really appeal.

If they win you the title who gives a f***.

Don't think you'd see us buy too many mercenaries with Rafa here.  We could just offer players of a higher calibre the going rate

With Rafa in charge we wouldn't spend money like City anyway, even if he had that kind of cash available. He'd spend a lot but not replacing every player if they don't make an impact straight away. Please sell us...

It's more the instant gratification aspect. Just buying a load of immensely talented mercenaries doesn't really appeal.

If they win you the title who gives a f***.

Don't think you'd see us buy too many mercenaries with Rafa here.  We could just offer players of a higher calibre the going rate

Which I'd take.

If they win you the title who gives a fuck.

:lol:

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Ashley desperately pleading for bidders in the media and suddenly we're debating how we'd feel when we win the league.

From Ashley's lawyer:

Andrew Henderson said: “Our intentions are to see if the club can be bought by new ownership by potentially Christmas.

“That would allow seriously interested parties to put themselves forward. It would allow a diligence period to carry on then hopefully by Christmas a sale could conclude.”

Henderson also added: “Assuming the right person can be found to take the club forward it’ll be about how payments are structured, how much would be payable on day one and how much would be payable further down the line.

“There is a a real genuine desire from our point of view to put the club in the best possible position going forward.

“If that means additional funds being available in the short-term we would seek to accommodate that.”

Although normally I’d take this with a pinch of salt here, I was told there was imminently good news coming from SJP at 11am this morning.

Judging by the wording of that statement and the above info it looks like we have some real interest this time and it’s further along than testing the waters I reckon.

I'm wondering if he thought he had a buyer over the summer and it fell through, and this is just a desperate move to rustle up another one.

There might be something in that.

I honestly think Rafa is only here because he's been given an indication from Ashley that he'll sell it to a 'good buyer' meaning Rafa can grow the club the way he wants.

This is where the talk of Rafa's new contract came from. Clearly, it's easier to sell the club with a world class manager than with John Carver cleaning the outside of the stadium with his tongue every afternoon after training.

Guest firetotheworks

We've been 'up for sale' plenty of times under Ashley, so although I'm not outright saying it's bollocks, it's still, crucially, a Mike Ashley statement and therefore lies until proven otherwise.