Dwindling Crowds - MA or GO to blame?

Stu

The cost is a big thing for me, especially since starting to take my young 'un to matches.

For a CAT C match, I'm looking at £40+ just for the tickets, and when pricing the Spurs match, that was £50-60 for the 2 of us.

So, I find myself picking and choosing which games to take him to, and I just couldn't afford to take him to them all, and can't afford season tickets at the moment either.

It's trains for me, looking at 50 - 60 quid on top of tickets for a train which takes out of the realms of affordability at the minute.

I don't think money is much of an excuse personally. Our season ticket prices have stayed fairly stable for a long time, and we play far less cup games than we used to.

Obviously times are tougher than they were a few years ago, but I don't doubt that the club being run with ambition and less contempt for the supporter would see regular full houses.

How can money not be an excuse ? Petrol has gone from 80p to 1.35 and if you drive a 4.4 like me its costing me nearly £80 more a month to do the same old shit. Bread from 80p to £1.42 as an example,  Its not about tickets going up or down, its everything else. My business is actually doing better this year but I can`t afford to do half the shit with my kids I used too. i`m no economist but if you think money isn`t effecting people then a) you still liva at home with mum and dad or b) you have a good top job.

I know this was posted ages ago but nevertheless, I'm neither of those things, I have a shit job and a mortgage and like everyone I know how hard times are but I think if we were top of the league and going for the title, that we'd fill the ground every week. If we keep up our current form *prays* I think we'll see that over the next few months.

Doesn't your rate of pay increase with that of the standard of living anyways? Or is that just me being naive in thinking this increase 'actually'  covers the inflation of such products?

Anyhoo - I blame Ashley in the majority for the lack of fans. Older folk who have been going for years, been through it, and seen it all, were most likely fed up with being treat like shite. Step up the younger members of society who struggle to afford a match ticket and when they do go, get treat like shite. (It's not just young people who cannot afford it ftr.)

To be receiving the gates we are after all the shite we've been through is phenomenal, especially in these times. On the other hand it is completely dissappointing that we couldn't get a full house against Tottenham. They're a side that people should want to see us play, and beat, to prove our worth in the top 4 and as 1 of only 3 unbeaten premiership clubs.

I hope that changes very, very soon. However, I think that's down to Ashley making a real 'show of intent' in the next two transfer windows. For all Mike Ashley has balanced the books, it's the fucking fans of this football club that have kept us afloat.

Saturday 3pm always adds to the number of home fans whether it be due to the fact that travel/time off work is easier or that they are not on tv in the UK. For this reason I think that we will have at least the same crowd for Wigan for Spurs, if not a few more, despite the fact that Wigan will bring a couple of thousand less.

The fact that tickets are only 20 quid in the gallowgate helps of course!

Not wanting to start the Level 7 debate again and this has probably already been mentioned.  But rightly or wrongly, the fact that the away end has increased by about 1,200 and the majority of the teams in the league will not bring anywhere near 4,000 will have a big effect. 

I'm just looking at the stadium plan for Saturday, looks like it will be a good turnout.  Only really single seats left, even in the Gallowgate upper it's nearly all sold out.  Still, if Wigan only bring 500 fans up, probably even less, then even if we sell out the rest of the ground, we're going to be 3,500+ down from the off. 

Have a feeling 47k-48k will be considered a big gate for us this season, think we'll only get near to sell out for the mackems, Liverpool and Man City at the end of the season.

Tickets are £26 in the Gallowgate (£25 for members). Wigan won't bring many but surely if the turnout of home fans is really big and the away support is poor they can just move that Sports Direct Divide further along the Leazes End unless they won't do that because L7 seems to be a closed shop these days unless you have a season ticket up there.

Edited to say you'll have been quoting student prices no doubt  :)

That's what an adult is showing up as (£20) when I log into the online box office. Let me buy a spurs adult ticket for £27. There was problems with my season ticket as originally I was given an OAP's one so maybe that is just a setting on mine.

Doesn't your rate of pay increase with that of the standard of living anyways? Or is that just me being naive in thinking this increase 'actually'  covers the inflation of such products?

Anyhoo - I blame Ashley in the majority for the lack of fans. Older folk who have been going for years, been through it, and seen it all, were most likely fed up with being treat like s****. Step up the younger members of society who struggle to afford a match ticket and when they do go, get treat like s****. (It's not just young people who cannot afford it ftr.)

To be receiving the gates we are after all the s**** we've been through is phenomenal, especially in these times. On the other hand it is completely dissappointing that we couldn't get a full house against Tottenham. They're a side that people should want to see us play, and beat, to prove our worth in the top 4 and as 1 of only 3 unbeaten premiership clubs.

I hope that changes very, very soon. However, I think that's down to Ashley making a real 'show of intent' in the next two transfer windows. For all Mike Ashley has balanced the books, it's the f***ing fans of this football club that have kept us afloat.

No, in my company we are getting below.

With the new ticket price deal I guess we will find out soon enough.

There was 48k in the ground regardless of the new deal. Only the club 1982 seats were empty because they are ridiculously over-priced. I imagine those are the seats which will be on the deal as the rest of the ground looked packed solid on Saturday.

Guest johnson293

Just ordered tickets to take the bairn to the Everton match.

Its his birthday the following week, so its partly for that, too.

Handy being an early kick off, so we can still take him a firework display on the night as well (Saltwell Park).

The most notable empty seats are in a) the posh seats, b) Level 4 corner and c) the away end.

Considering people won't really pay for a), we have little control over c) and b) is for parties/large groups/events etc. (isn't it?) then this ST deal will have little effect.

The most notable empty seats are in a) the posh seats, b) Level 4 corner and c) the away end.

Considering people won't really pay for a), we have little control over c) and b) is for parties/large groups/events etc. (isn't it?) then this ST deal will have little effect.

Blasphemy!!! Ha.

I always find where the east stand meets the John hall stand corner is fairly empty along with the snob seats.

Anyhoo - I blame Ashley in the majority for the lack of fans. Older folk who have been going for years, been through it, and seen it all, were most likely fed up with being treat like s****. Step up the younger members of society who struggle to afford a match ticket and when they do go, get treat like s****. (It's not just young people who cannot afford it ftr.)

To be receiving the gates we are after all the s**** we've been through is phenomenal, especially in these times. On the other hand it is completely dissappointing that we couldn't get a full house against Tottenham. They're a side that people should want to see us play, and beat, to prove our worth in the top 4 and as 1 of only 3 unbeaten premiership clubs.

I hope that changes very, very soon. However, I think that's down to Ashley making a real 'show of intent' in the next two transfer windows. For all Mike Ashley has balanced the books, it's the f***ing fans of this football club that have kept us afloat.

In my company we got 0% this year

We'll not have 52,000 unless opponents fill their allocation which seems rare these days.

Aye , but we can just sell the blocks their club didn't want if there is enough demand.

But there isn't, that's the point.

We'll not have 52,000 unless opponents fill their allocation which seems rare these days.

Aye , but we can just sell the blocks their club didn't want if there is enough demand.

But there isn't, that's the point.

There will be if they carry on that offer of reduced tickets for an hour on the day, they might aswell shift tickets for whatever they can get because any amount is better than having empty seats in the stadium.

In my company we got 0% this year

we got 5% but hey i'm worth it.

anyway back to this point.....how have we been treat like shit more by ashley than by the previous. i'm thinking of buy shares, buy bonds, save our seats under doug and fred. people seemed happier to go as they believed that buying big priced players gave a better chance of success and had no risk if it didn't work. people then were ok with being treat like crap if the team was ok.