Pick your England squad and first 11 for the Euros

Guest kingdawson

Guest kingdawson

Just posted this on GG. Want to get another perspective on it...

So say the Euros started tomorrow, what would be your 23 man squad and what would be your first 11 for the first game of the tournament (Don't include Rooney).

GK

Hart

Foster

Green

RB

Richards

Lb

A.Cole

Baines

CB

Terry

Jones

Ferdinand

Cahill

Left wingers

A.Young

Downing

Right Wingers

Walcott

Lennon

Centre Midfielders

Wilshire

Gerrard

Parker

Cleverly

Strikers

Rooney

Bent

Carroll

Welbeck

Ok having seen that there is no way i would not take Sturridge. Hmmmmm FFS this is rather hard. I think we're going to go with a 4-5-1 so is it smart taking only 4 cm's? who can i drop from that team to put Sturridge in? hmmmmm i was going to drop Downing as Sturridge can play AML but that's not a smart move being that Downing offers something different should we need it. Well i'd def take Sturridge but can't think of who to drop.

I think it's time for the Kids to have a go now. If it doesn't work out then fine but at least they get experience and we're not let down by the same players again.

Cleverley imo is very good so he's my wild card. I only picked 1 rb because Jones is more than comfortable there. Harsh on Walker but Richards right now is a more complete player. Lennon probably shouldnt get in at this current time but again if Walcott is injured we don't have anyone that could play his position (well Young can but he's more comfortable AML).

Team for first game...

--------------------------------------------------------Hart----------------------------------------------------------------

Richards---------------------------Jones-----------------------------Terry-----------------------------------------Cole

----------------------------------------------Parker-----------Wilshire---------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------------------------------

-------Walcott---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Young-----

----------------------------------------------------------Bent-----------------------------------------------------------------

GK - Harper, Elliot, Forster

Def - Simpson, Williamson, Perch, S.Taylor, Tavernier, Henderson

Mid - Guthrie, Gosling, Smith, Donaldson, R.Taylor, Richardson, Newton

Att - Sho Ameobi, Sam Ameobi, Ranger, Airey

Forster

Simpson  Willi  S.Taylor  Tavernier

R.Taylor  Guthrie Gosling  Ameobi

Ameobi  Ranger

Guest kingdawson

I wouldn't be starting Walcott or Parker like, especially if Gerrard/Wilshere are fit.

Well no, you wouldn't be starting them as nether are in your prefered squad.

I would take Sturridge over Welbeck.

Ditto.

They should both be there.

Our CM options are pathetic. The fact that we're an injury to Wilshere away from playing Parker and Barry speaks volumes.

I would take Sturridge over Welbeck.

Ditto.

They should both be there.

Our CM options are pathetic. The fact that we're an injury to Wilshere away from playing Parker and Barry speaks volumes.

Yup. It's a shame Rodwell hasn't kicked on from the early hype surrounding him. Mceachran's supposed to be highly rated, but he won't get games at Chelsea.

When does Rooney find out how long his ban will be?

If it's three games, I'm not sure you can justify taking him.

Of course you can. He'll only be banned for the first two matches (if it's a 3 match ban) and ready for the deciding 3rd match of the group stages.

When does Rooney find out how long his ban will be?

If it's three games, I'm not sure you can justify taking him.

Of course you can. He'll only be banned for the first two matches (if it's a 3 match ban) and ready for the deciding 3rd match of the group stages.

How does that work? :lol: