Homeowner stuff

Dave

9 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yes, you would have a case against the power networks. Also I live near so if you want I can go and have a look or help you get someone to do som

Thanks man, we’ve got a friend who lives a street away and has keys so I think we’re ok for now but if things get worse and there are any issues I might give you a shout to find out more about building a case, if that’s ok?

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Thanks man, we’ve got a friend who lives a street away and has keys so I think we’re ok for now but if things get worse and there are any issues I might give you a shout to find out more about building a case, if that’s ok?

Yeah no worries. We own a law firm as well

24 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

What's peoples best guess on interest rates for the next year? I am torn between a 2 year fix at 4.69% and a 2 year tracker at 3.79%. Cheers.

We went for a tracker, I reckon they'll come down.  Can always switch to interest only if it all goes tits up and ride it out.

For 2 years I’d go tracker or discounted.

a .25 increase probably baked in for next week but unless something causes another commodity spike that is probably it. Maybe a .25 decrease then in the autumn if the economy is still in the shit.

You’re then nearly a year into the product life and it would take a decent rise again in 2024 to lose out overall. If you can then maybe put the difference into a savings account and put the winnings down when you remortgage again.

that’s what I’ll be doing in May when my current 2 year fixed ends. Will be the first time I don’t go fixed 

Edited by Colos Short and Curlies