Motoring Thread

cp40

try and find a breakers thats got one?

Aye...nowt around :( Just MKIs.

They're pretty safe cars and don't tend to turn up often.

hope im not speaking out of turn- do you know the best way to search for car parts on e-bay?

Insurance question

Approximately how much would I add to car insurance for a black renault clio? 21, had licence for just over 3 years. mum and sister are insurance. this would be the first time im insured dont have any points etc

Insurance question

Approximately how much would I add to car insurance for a black renault clio? 21, had licence for just over 3 years. mum and sister are insurance. this would be the first time im insured dont have any points etc

At least £500, at a guess.

try and find a breakers thats got one?

Aye...nowt around :( Just MKIs.

They're pretty safe cars and don't tend to turn up often.

hope im not speaking out of turn- do you know the best way to search for car parts on e-bay?

Hardly out of turn/term if you're tring to help :D

I just used the usual searching with laguna and date etc. Tried lots of ways.

I suspect you have a new idea?

just search the car, for any part , cos some breakers will list only a couple parts when they are breaking whole car.

Also-  search the model and look nearest first on all options . you will see all cars/parts- but sometimes breakers show on these lists and not when searching specific items. .. ( looks like you probs tried all this- just thought if you were searching laguna grill you may being too specific)

Insurance question

not bad, was thinking about 1k

Insurance question

not bad, was thinking about 1k

i would estimate somewhere between the two.

If any one had a diesel and keeps getting chucked onto limp mode check the DPF filter.

These are becoming a nightmare for a lot of diesel owners however you can have the filter removed and the cars software updated which cures all the problems.

Wish someone had told me two years ago!

Also, egr's are causing quite a few problems and these can also be blanked off with a £3.50 plate from eBay.

If any one had a diesel and keeps getting chucked onto limp mode check the DPF filter.

These are becoming a nightmare for a lot of diesel owners however you can have the filter removed and the cars software updated which cures all the problems.

Wish someone had told me two years ago!

Also, egr's are causing quite a few problems and these can also be blanked off with a £3.50 plate from eBay.

See here, luckily mines under warranty but ive recently had a new EGR valve fitted, Vauxhalls bill would have been to the tune of £260

Looking at Audi A6 tdi- but fk me the insurance for the lass is high- anybody know any good sites for quotes. ive tried compare the market. cheapest £805

A tip that might help.

When I am looking for something I put the details into google, (ie in this case, "car insurance").

The results usually throw up two or three sponsored results first. These are the companies paying top rate to be there and are usually seeking business / have good offers on.

Just tried it and ones compare the Market and the other is aviva ( used to be called Norwich union).

I would give aviva a bash.

Looking at Audi A6 tdi- but fk me the insurance for the lass is high- anybody know any good sites for quotes. ive tried compare the market. cheapest £805

A tip that might help.

When I am looking for something I put the details into google, (ie in this case, "car insurance").

The results usually throw up two or three sponsored results first. These are the companies paying top rate to be there and are usually seeking business / have good offers on.

Just tried it and ones compare the Market and the other is aviva ( used to be called Norwich union).

I would give aviva a bash.

cheers its totally crazy this.

I was insured with morethan but had to cancel and go with swift to get my lass on insurance as they wouldnt insure a new driver on a 2.9 people carrier.

Now swift wont insure her on an Audi A6 - but morethan will - :lol: - swift have offered a full pro-rata refund with no penalties as they cant cover new car. So its looking do-able- but fuck me what a bunch of pissing about.

Nah. They wouldn't quote me when I had the Type-R but a friend at work (around your age :razz:) got a really good deal out of them.

around my age!!its my lass and her 35years young that fucks up my insurance. I said I was gonna buy the audi and insure it for just me and buy her a fiesta or something, cue a proper crying tantrum :lol:

looks like that farmers thing is for you country folk- not townies like me.