Man City stewards and Greater Manchester Police

Big Geordie

Just seen this on another forum and thought it worth sharing on here - an utter disgrace. This is an exert from someone who was there;

"n aging blue in 109 who refused to sit whilst those around him and the away fans stood. Showsec picked him out as their let's-make-an-example-for-the-day (they do this every week) and then called for the police. The bloke in question sat down before the police went to his seat, even with those around him still standing. They went and spoke to him, and, whilst he was sitting down, told them he hadn't done anything wrong. The GMP seized an opportunity, or at least they thought they did, when Balotelli scored to try and manhandle him out of the ground. I didn't see how the man ended up on the floor but he can clearly be heard in the video saying he takes tablets for a heart problem before they took him out and at no point did I see him forcibly resist. Their treatment of him was disgraceful and that's not all. When the GMP waded into the crowd people were getting elbowed out of the way or knocked over, myself and a kid no older than seven included! Completely out of order and an exemplar for any aspiring stewards or policemen and women in how not to defuse a situation. There's also reports of Showsec stewards lashing out at fans. I did not see these events however but the above description is my eye witness account and I would swear to it in court."

I know two wrongs don't make a right etc etc. But does anyone else have the urge to smack that steward around (the one in the thumbnail and mid vid)?

Looks like the stereotypical coward who makes his move at the safest time.

He lost his temper like, should be sacked at the very least.

Still remember championship season and a steward punching a fan up in L7 for standing and refusing to sit down.  He didnt swear, didnt speak out of turn, he just pointed out that no one else was sitting so he wouldn't sit.  Steward punched him in the face.

Wish I'd got it on video.

Guest WashyGeordie

Still remember championship season and a steward punching a fan up in L7 for standing and refusing to sit down.  He didnt swear, didnt speak out of turn, he just pointed out that no one else was sitting so he wouldn't sit.  Steward punched him in the face.

Wish I'd got it on video.

There's that video.

S'pose you can't really see it though.

be easier if they just photographed those standing, gave them a written warning then banned them with no refund.

Nowhere near as fun as 12 of you picking on an old man with heart problems though.