Our "easy" start to the season

Benwell Lad

Seems to be mentioned in almost every article relating to us at present.

Total horseshyte in my opinion, there is not one easy game in the Premier League, every side has top quality internationals who will hurt you if you let them.

Saturday's match at home to second bottom Wigan will not be easy and if any of our players were daft enough to think that they'll get a nasty shock. Thankfully Pardew and his staff would never allow such complacency.

Wolves,Villa,mackems and QPR away were not easy and nor were Fulham and Blackburn at home - so called easy games we've lost all too frequently in recent seasons.

OK, Man Utd and Artificial City will be sterner tests than anyone else season and anything would be a bonus, but we have 38 difficult games this season and so far we've done quite well.

I just hope we can keep up the good spirit at the club after three (heavy) defeats to the Mancs and Chelsea.

Anything at all will be an unlikely bonus in those games but Chelsea at home could be interesting.

The way we dealt with the quality of Adebayor, VdV, Modric, Bale etc on Sunday quite heartens me. With our CM pairing and Colo behind them we shouldn't be lambs to the slaughter for anyone.

We shouldn't lose heavily to Man Utd really, we are capable of scoring against them as well. Man City and Chelsea, aye they'll probably destroy us. But we should be prepared for that and not let it get us down.

Man U's defence is pretty much dodgy without Vidic there so we could very well nick a goal at Old Trafford. Norwich played well there so why can't we?

Based on the exact same fixtures last season we are 10 points better off (not including QPR) which is brilliant and shows the improvement we have made

That's an incredible stat... very impressive.

Aye. Canny. :thup:

In recent year when we played the likes of man united then i'd be thinking let's not get humiliated, now i honestly feel we can give them a game. Not saying we'll will like, but we've made massive strides forward.

In recent year when we played the likes of man united then i'd be thinking let's not get humiliated, now i honestly feel we can give them a game. Not saying we'll will like, but we've made massive strides forward.

Agree with this.

Think we'll give all comers a good game this season.

Agree with this.

Particulalry at home.

In fact when was our last home defeat in the league?

Agree with this.

Particulalry at home.

Everton?

interesting the way we panic so much and give in to the likes of citeh and man utd. last season home and away V citeh we were hardly dominated, man utd trashed us in the game down there but we werent disgraced up here and chelsea up here was a deserved draw (i'll not count the away game as neither team really had anything to play for).

too often teams go into these games already defeated, i'd like to think we wont do that.

Anyone who can think for themselves will realize this argument is bullshit. We've drawn two teams in the believed top 6, the rest of the league is pretty much in the same group. Does losing to Man Utd or City mean this whole run of form was a fluke? It's not like we're fighting for the title, the most realistic option for us in Europa League, and we've so far beaten the teams we need to in order to be on that path. And obviously the fact we've picked up ten more points with these fixtures than last years proves what a shit argument it is.

We've already got more points than anticipated so anything we pick up from those 3 games will be a bonus.  It will be interesting to see how we do in the following games when we are once again playing against teams where we would hope to pick up points.

Agree with this.

Particulalry at home.

Everton?

Correct answer.

Agree with this.

Particulalry at home.

Everton?

Correct answer.

Good home form then :thup:

Been really heart warming to see our application in every game. A lot of hard work has gone into getting us into this position, whatever the "experts" say.

And if we could get through the next three unbeaten as well, it would be fantastic; we'd be absolutely flying and have nothing to fear going into the big three. Whatever happens, if key players stay fit I just can't see this team getting a hiding anywhere at the moment, which is really reassuring. They're doing us proud.

They can call it what they want. It's up to us to put in some performances against the top teams. If we manage to do that, they'll start sucking us off like they did with Tottenham. I can't stand the media for the most part, especially sports journalists. Generally just a bunch of fickle, spineless pricks who don't know what they're talking about. They are incredibly vocal when they're on a bandwagon and trying to destroy people's careers but are shit scared to make bold claims. It's the same with pundits on the television, they hardly ever say it like it is and as soon as a player becomes 'one of the chosen ones' a good touch by them is incredible where other players could do the same and get no recognition.... Can't wait for the fall of the dictatorial press