SWP Offers

Skirge

Chelski will listen to offers for SWP, should we or should'nt we ?

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon admits the club would listen to offers for Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Kenyon confirmed The Blues have received an initial enquiry from West Ham for the winger although no official bid has been lodged by the Upton Park outfit.

Wright-Phillips has failed to hold down a regular place in the Blues first team since joining from Manchester City in the summer of 2005.

The England international has started just 15 matches for the Stamford Bridge club in that time, and Kenyon admits it is a frustrating scenario for the player.

"There's been an official discussion but no offers tabled. Clearly Shaun wants to play football," Kenyon told Sky Sports News.

"We've got no plans to sell any of our players because we've got our squad for the season but if an offer came in we would have to look at it.

"But that's not to say that we'd do it - we're still at the very early stages and right now see Shaun as a member of our 24-man squad which is what we need to see the league and other competitions through."

Guest stormrider

We can't afford him and we need strengthening elsewhere.  So I fully expect us to bid for him.

quoted for being disturbingly true!

We do need to strengthen in other positions your dead right, but we have been so strongly linked with him, since he was at Man City but it does look like he will move to the Hammers, I guess staying in London is important to him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Chelski will listen to offers for SWP, should we or should'nt we ?

right now see Shaun as a member of our 24-man squad which is what we need to see the league and other competitions through."

just depressing tbh

Guest Bramble OG

We can't afford him and we need strengthening elsewhere. So I fully expect us to bid for him.

quoted for being disturbingly true!

Will also help with the lack of height problem we have

class player - but unless we can fund most of it by selling milner we just cannot afford it.

i do, however, think that he would be a fantastic signing...

I would definitely go for him, we look a different team when dyer came back and Wright Phillips is very similar if not better. His pace would be great for us and I think it could be what we need. People say defenders are our priority but we have conceded less than Spurs and same as Liverpool and nobody goes on about their defence. Its attack where we have been piss poor this season and he would definitely be a good buy!

Man City are now also reported to be after getting him back, cannot see him returning to them Westham are a better propect then City and also a London club.

His pace would be great for us with him Dyer, Martins and Zoggy I think we would have one of the fastest teams  in the land.  :thup:

Guest Gemmill

Lads man, we've got two full backs who are completely shite and need replacing.  We need a commanding centre half, and we need another striker.  Only after all those positions are filled should we be looking at adding in areas where we're already alright.

If we're selling Milner and bringing in £4m then it shouldn't be used to get SWP, it should be used to sign a left back or be put towards a striker.  We can't keep going through this routine of "Ooo exciting fast player becomes available.  Fuck the defence, they'll cope!"

Guest stormrider

Although I hate O'leary's whining, and really like milner, if it was gonna help getting SWP then I'm afraid sacrifices have to be made.

The question remains that, is he ever going to think about us?

I always have a very horrible feeling in my gut when it comes to transfer windows, its obvious by what we have been linked to in recent weeks and months that some players are cheap players brought in to fill a very much paper thin squad and for the last season and a half we have shown how this with the injuries we have faced (although suprising how well we play with some of the "stars" out of the team.

I would welcome him comming but Milner is younger and I would think that he is more likely to develop while SWP has went to Chelsea obviously listened to his own hype and now will be so deflated we may as well be signing a kid from the championship with obvious raw talents for less money. Also I would be wary like most to blow what ever kitty we have on one part time england international at the risk of then having to go back for Zat Knight again and try and say to ourselves we are adding bite to our attack our defence will cope. With Moore supposedly getting itchy feet to leave, Bramble not signing a contract extension (thank god) Carr being so poor I would like to sell him back to spuds and see how they cope with him.

Lads man, we've got two full backs who are completely shite and need replacing.  We need a commanding centre half, and we need another striker.  Only after all those positions are filled should we be looking at adding in areas where we're already alright.

If we're selling Milner and bringing in £4m then it shouldn't be used to get SWP, it should be used to sign a left back or be put towards a striker.  We can't keep going through this routine of "Ooo exciting fast player becomes available.  Fuck the defence, they'll cope!"

Thing is now with Nobby doing so well at RB, I don't think we will look for a replacemnt, only if Carr leaves will we go after a new RB. A LB is by far the most important role to fill and with Bridge signign a new deal we must be on the hunt now!!

A CB is 100% needed also but I do not see us spending big money on one, we are keeping clean sheets so I think Fred will again blow around £10 mill on another striker.

Milner way ask to be away after the shocking way he was delt with him in the summer, if Villa make an aoffer I cans ee him wanting away. Luque will be sold so that will add funds to the transfer kitty aslo.

LB - £3-£6 mill

CB - £3-£6 mill

Striker - £7-£10 mill

How much more would we have left ? I suppose alot will depend on how much we get off Luque, BUT if we do have funds left over and SWP is still availible then we should go for him.

Guest Gemmill

They're talking about £10m for SWP.  If we bought him, you'd have to assume we wouldn't have any money left to strengthen anywhere else.  So why are we even having this discussion?  We need to build a squad, not spunk everything on one player.  I thought we had got past this way of thinking!?

Guest Gemmill

Thing is now with Nobby doing so well at RB, I don't think we will look for a replacemnt, only if Carr leaves will we go after a new RB. A LB is by far the most important role to fill and with Bridge signign a new deal we must be on the hunt now!!

A CB is 100% needed also but I do not see us spending big money on one, we are keeping clean sheets so I think Fred will again blow around £10 mill on another striker.

Milner way ask to be away after the shocking way he was delt with him in the summer, if Villa make an aoffer I cans ee him wanting away. Luque will be sold so that will add funds to the transfer kitty aslo.

LB - £3-£6 mill

CB - £3-£6 mill

Striker - £7-£10 mill

How much more would we have left ? I suppose alot will depend on how much we get off Luque, BUT if we do have funds left over and SWP is still availible then we should go for him.

Skirge we've got nothing like £13m to spend, I don't think, which is the low end of your valuations.  We've certainly got nothing like £22m which is the upper end.  We're looking at £10m tops IMO, probably less than that.  We need to focus on the key areas you mention and forget about SWP.

totally agree with you Gemmill but we have to remember the fans have common sense and FFS only thinks he knows what the fans want cause he knows the heart of the area. No doubt when he sits down with his two portion of chips and looks at what the squad is like and how much we have to spend (thats even if he knows) he will see a poor goal tally on the board and with the defence not looking that bad in recent games (although I'm sort of looking forward to the chelsea games to see just how good the defence is against a potent attack).

SWP is value for money at 7-9 mil he was never worth 20+ but thats Chelsea for you buy them to keep them away from sides and then let them go a very much low in confidence purchase for any team to pick up the pieces and i really dont think that roeder has the man management skills to pick him up.

Its a pure guess on funds we have, but are we going to get a CB and a LB for less than £10 mill for the pair?. Decent players that is, ones that will make us a better side.

If we only have about £10 mill to spend and we need a striker too, then we are never going to get quality players.

If we guess there was 10 million there as in the summer we supposedly ran close to some signings and didnt get any. Again a leap of faith and say that getting into europe also gave us some kitty, FFS may be thinking flog luque and possibly milner and we may be talking about 15million. This may be enough for Nugent 5mil distin (minimal fee) and then who knows Chelsea might be in the mood to sell a player for 3 million and go buy someone for 15 mil.