Are we a good team?

Keefaz

We have played nearly half the teams in the league and are still unbeaten. Yes we haven't played the top 3 or Liverpool yet but would you honestly expect many teams to go into those games and expect to take points from them?

We have the makings of one. We've not always performed to the level that our current placing implies, clearly. But I think that's the most exciting thing of it all, this isn't the team on top form. When the likes of Barfa, Marv and Santon finally get their chance to nail down a starting spot, we'll be well away.

As some pundits say, "we've not been tested yet"

Well as the expectations were relegation scrap or midtable at best, we've certainly played and been tested by some of our competition in those areas and passed with flying colors. 

We're a good team.

We are good, but it is also the fact that we have built an XI who are not only slightly better than those in half the league, but also have the right attitude and application.

Shame the top teams are so much better today.

This team is a Shearer short of being as good as the league winning Blackburn.

As some pundits say, "we've not been tested yet"

Well as the expectations were relegation scrap or midtable at best, we've certainly played and been tested by some of our competition in those areas and passed with flying colors. 

We're a good team.

:thup: This is what is annoying me most. We've not had a strong test yet. Yeah, you'd be correct, if we were actually expecting to sustain a challenge for the CL spots. But we'd be happy with top 10 and an outside push at Europe, for the most part. In that scenario, I'd say we've been well tested by a fair few teams who will be in and around that area. Let's not forget our own usual slip ups against opposition like this, said in the pre-match thread that I'd consider this match as strong a test as Spurs, considering the way we normally wilt under the expectation of games like today.

We'll be a better team when we have Santon in for Ryan Taylor, Jonas has to do so much defending because Taylor isn't very good at it.  We also need Ben Arfa at his best in place of Best and Marveaux in place of Obertan.

We're an absolute bitch to beat and we have a few actual match-winners. As i said earlier in the week; Spurs was the litmus test and we came through it, Wigan/Stoke will ascertain whether or not it's simply been an early buzz, or if we're genuinely a good side. Difficult place to go, but man-to-man i think we're better than Stoke and we should be looking for a point at the Britannia. But to me the answer is yeah, i think we're a good side. Seems daft to say sitting in 4th, but we've got an outside chance of finishing 6th.

We're better than we were. We've got some good players who are playing well but there's still too many weak links in the squad for us to be able to rock up to any game and fancy our chances.

The likes of Man U, City and Chelsea will swat us aside with ease but if we bring in 3 quality players in January and they adapt then we can have a platform to challenge the top 6. We're 7th best atm which, considering where we were 3 years ago, is phenomenal. Let's keep the quality we have and build a squad.