On This Day... Personal Memories

TheGuv

Thought it would be good to have a thread on personal memories from posters on the anniversary of a game.

For example:

23rd October 2002

NUFC 1-0 Juventus

I'll never forget that goal from Andy Griffin. I was only 9 at the time but i remember being hoisted up into the air by my dad and a few of the lads around us at the top of Level 7. Who'd have thought we''d somehow manage to win the next 2 games eh?

Watched it with a bar full of Juve fans in Florence as I was on a school trip.

Responsible teachers :lol:

Was upper 6th like so I was 17 and we were pretty much allowed to do what we wanted. Due to the alcohol intake we struggled badly with us wearing our away kit that night.

Was a terrific night. Took my friends son along with me (he was 12 at the time)

But not your son?

Great punishment for not finishing his greens.

"That's it - I'm giving your Juve ticket to that Milhouse kid from next door! ;)

Really random how i remember the 2-0 defeat at Spurs on this day in 1998. Was sat in the car park outside the pet shop while my child-minder picked up some dog food. Game was on the radio and i can remember Calderwood getting sent off. Weird.

Thought it would be good to have a thread on personal memories from posters on the anniversary of a game.

For example:

23rd October 2002

NUFC 1-0 Juventus

I'll never forget that goal from Andy Griffin. I was only 9 at the time but i remember being hoisted up into the air by my dad and a few of the lads around us at the top of Level 7. Who'd have thought we''d somehow manage to win the next 2 games eh?

I was coming back from somewhere on the train and asked my mate to text me updates. She sent me 1-0 GRIFFIN and that was it. I announced it to the train and then immediately started worrying that she was taking the piss. :lol:

For example:

23rd October 2002

NUFC 1-0 Juventus

I was coming back from somewhere on the train and asked my mate to text me updates. She sent me 1-0 GRIFFIN and that was it. I announced it to the train and then immediately started worrying that she was taking the p*ss. :lol:

:lol:

Similar story, i should wait till January 16th like but i got a text of my step dad as school was ending saying Mourinho is the new manager to replace Allardyce. I go round telling every f***er who'd listen  on the way home that he was our new boss. Only to find out when i got back it was Keegan. He really f***ing did me on that one like :lol:

Felt like such a tit

Was a terrific night. Took my friends son along with me (he was 12 at the time)

But not your son?

Great punishment for not finishing his greens.

"That's it - I'm giving your Juve ticket to that Milhouse kid from next door! ;)

Don't have a son - got a 3 year old daughter! At the time, I used to take Ryan to all of our European home games. Was a good experience for him. Think his first game was to see us play CSKA Sofia when he was 9.

For example:

23rd October 2002

NUFC 1-0 Juventus

I was coming back from somewhere on the train and asked my mate to text me updates. She sent me 1-0 GRIFFIN and that was it. I announced it to the train and then immediately started worrying that she was taking the p*ss. :lol:

:lol:

Similar story, i should wait till January 16th like but i got a text of my step dad as school was ending saying Mourinho is the new manager to replace Allardyce. I go round telling every f***er who'd listen  on the way home that he was our new boss. Only to find out when i got back it was Keegan. He really f***ing did me on that one like :lol:

Felt like such a tit

:lol: :lol: Mourinho man.

I was 14 and turned down a free ticket. Regret it to this day.

Eh?

To Juventus I'm assuming.

Aye, but why would you turn down a ticket to see us play Juve in the Champions League? Makes no sense.

Maybe he was too busy being a faggot.