Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

Also I hope Krul cuts the needless long punts out, it'll be bread and butter for Stoke's centre halves. A quick passing game is the way forward.

If there's one criticism I have of Krul, it's his reluctance to get the ball out to the full backs quickly... though to be fair I'm sure that's due in part to who the full backs are.

TBF if I were him I'd be reluctant at hoying it out to anyone that isn't Colo and arguably Taylor at the back.

Indeed. Pardew should be telling Obertan/HBA/Marveaux and Gutierrez, when possible obviously, to offer themselves in the full back position as soon as Krul claims the ball.

Watching their highlights now. The difference in pitch sizes for european games is embarrassing. Horrible team.

Always assumed you couldn't change it after the season started. Only through FM, like. :lol:

As Arsenal demonstrated with their goals against Stoke, the best way to beat Stoke's behemoth defenders is to get around their full-backs. Krul can help us play better football with playing the ball into feet. The whole team needs to get on board with it though. Especially our full-backs.

As Arsenal demonstrated with their goals against Stoke, the best way to beat Stoke's behemoth defenders is to get around their full-backs. Krul can help us play better football with playing the ball into feet. The whole team needs to get on board with it though. Especially our full-backs.

In that case Obertan is going to have to seriously up his game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't see past anything other than a defeat.

They're fucking shit but they're good at being fucking shit.

Can't see past anything other than a defeat.

They're f***ing s*** but they're good at being f***ing s***.

:lol:

I personally think with Marveaux and Santon starting instead of Simpson and Obertan and if S.Taylor and Tiote are back iam positive we will get something from the game......

They're well drilled, they'll bully us, we can't beat them and we're going to the Land of Giants with a mostly-midget team. Sunday sees us go 6 months unbeaten in the league, but it definitely ends on Monday. 2-0 to Stoke.

Krul

Santon    Saylor    Colo  Raylor

Marveaux  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Best      Ba

Was getting a bit caught up in our unbeaten run, not that bothered now because we're obviously going to have difficult spells as our squad isn't quite good enough to keep this up. I look back to the shower of shit teams we've had in the recent past and I'm grateful we've got talent like Cabaye,Tiote,ColeSanton,Ben Arfa etc.

I sort of understand it, but the fear of Stoke from other, better teams is ridiculous at times. Yes, they're a decent team but teams should be aiming to go there and pass them off the park.

That said, Crouch is a handful and Walters is the sort of average player who normally scores against us.

Would be content with a draw, but we should go out to play a passing game and beat them by a couple.