Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

We're "mediocre opposition" apparently like, there also going to pick up 12 points from 12.

Must be a red and white stripe thing.

I remember when we played them in the cup and thrashed them I had a look at their forums before and after the game.  I think I said on here they were the most delusional idiots since the Mackems, maybe worse.

Everton v Man Utd

This is a huge game for Manchester United after they were beaten so heavily in last weekend's Manchester derby, but they will be ready for it.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson essentially played his second string in their midweek win over Aldershot in the Carling Cup and one of the things we have learned from Ferguson down the years is that there is often a backlash after a bad defeat, so we should definitely expect a reaction here.

Everton had a tough game against Chelsea on Wednesday, losing in extra-time, and although they have a good record against United at Goodison Park in the last couple of years I think it is going to be very difficult for them to stop United from bouncing back with a win here.

The Toffees beat Fulham last week but they had a run of tough games before that where they didn't pick up any points and I cannot see them stopping a United side with something to prove.

That cup defeat by Chelsea means that, when Everton boss Moyes celebrates his 10th anniversary as manager in March, he will have completed a decade in charge without winning a trophy.

In the 1980s that would have been seen as a disappointing record but a lot has changed since then. Take away the top six in the Premier League, and you could say that success for the rest is about staying up.

Money rules football and currently it is almost impossible for Everton to compete with the leading clubs financially. For them to consistently be in that group between the bottom 10 and the top six is an achievement, and for Moyes to have managed four top six finishes in that time is outstanding.

Moyes has made very few bad buys, brings young players through and has constructed a strong squad. I cannot understand why some Everton fans criticise him.

West Brom v Liverpool

Away win.

STEVEN TAYLOR could face Stoke City wearing a protective Zorro-style mask.However, Newcastle will make a late call on Cheick Tiote, who is desperate to be involved at the Britannia, after he missed the midweek trip to Blackburn Rovers with a knee problem.

:lol: :lol:

On a serious note the more I think about it this side really is beatable or a point is certainly attainable. If we get the ball down and play we can cause them serious problems just as much as they can cause us issues with their aerial bombardment.

Mad scroling down Lawro's predictions and seeing the differance in how much he writes for the top 4 compared to the rest if the league.

Man U v Everton got 8 paragraphs ffs :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/15475781.stm

We should have been 14th if Lawro's predictions were right.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html

I would certainly take a draw now like. Stoke are a good side, even if people don't like to admit it.

This is probably the hardest away game we'll play outside of the top 5/6, to put things into a bit of perspective.

I think most people would be happy with a draw. That said, I don't think Stoke are actually any better than most bottom-half clubs, they just have players who are hard to deal with in the air.