The five reasons behind Newcastle United’s unexpected revival

Dave

Well for a start you can substitute the cynical "a spooky lack of injuries" to "a genuinely fitter squad". Sure, there was an element of bad luck in the days of Souness and Roeder, where injuries were an absolute joke, but it's not all down to that. We've had a much fitter set-up here ever since we got relegated.

Cynical?! We've had pretty much the same team all season, and the same back five in every league match IIRC. Say what you like about fitness but we've been fortunate that very few have picked up at least a knock to keep them out of a game. Don't get me wrong, long may it continue. It's just a point that I believe is valid and contributes to our success so far.

Nice to see positive coverage in a national paper,to be fair to them they're not just printing 'they've played no-one'.

I'm wondering what the usual suspects are gonna say once this difficult run of fixtures is finished btw,we'll probably hear about how we got found out,we're no longer looking like a good team,all shocked to the core that we're not in the top four anymore and they were right all along.

Nice to see positive coverage in a national paper,to be fair to them they're not just printing 'they've played no-one'.

I'm wondering what the usual suspects are gonna say once this difficult run of fixtures is finished btw,we'll probably hear about how we got found out,we're no longer looking like a good team,all shocked to the core that we're not in the top four anymore and they were right all along.

:thup:

Dying to be proven 'right', as though us falling away from 4th position is unexpected by all of us.

If that point #2 is actually true though, I'm pretty impressed. Aim for the stars and you might still hit the sky etc. If that's even the saying. :lol:

He's a massive bell like. How in earth can HBA be a reason for our revival when he's played no more than a handful of fairly unspectacular cameo roles?

That Colo picture makes me wince every time. Could have fucked him for a long time. And we would be nowhere near where we are now if that was the case.

:thup:

Dying to be proven 'right', as though us falling away from 4th position is unexpected by all of us.

If that point #2 is actually true though, I'm pretty impressed. Aim for the stars and you might still hit the sky etc. If that's even the saying. :lol:

Well it's a beautiful saying that I'm now going to use, Dave. :aww:

Point 3 is shit, like. :lol: Like others, interested to know who it was that called up in point 2. Legends. :smitten:

`The people who run Newcastle United can never claim to have that special affinity and the Cockney Mafia tag has been used as a stick to beat the Mike Ashley regime for the last four years, but the current set up has Geordies in key positions.`

Amazing that the press havent researched ashleys background more. There were a large family of ashleys in gateshead in 1880s. SO its possible he is actually connected to the ne.  I am not going to trace the descent of every one of them to find out. Unless MA wants to pay me to do the research !

`The people who run Newcastle United can never claim to have that special affinity and the Cockney Mafia tag has been used as a stick to beat the Mike Ashley regime for the last four years, but the current set up has Geordies in key positions.`

Amazing that the press havent researched ashleys background more. There were a large family of ashleys in gateshead in 1880s. SO its possible he is actually connected to the ne.  I am not going to trace the descent of every one of them to find out. Unless MA wants to pay me to do the research !

:lol: classic womblemaster.

My five:

1. Tim Krul keeping us in games during our worst phases in games(usually first half).

2. Colo

3. Decent fixture list

4. Gutierrez

5. A lot of hard work by a lot of people at the club

[/all IMO, obviously]

Krul.

For me the only player that could be a reason onto himself. Not Cabaye, certainly not Ben Arfa.  We're better in midfield and that's largely down to Cabaye, but Krul is such an enormous step up from what we had with Harper. I don't think his importance can be overestimated.

Can't wait for Ronaldo to pick the bones over no.3

Nowt to discuss really. It's a ludicrous suggestion made by a perverted shrimp of a journalist who doesn't pay attention and never has. Ba and Cabaye - both of whom are far better players who've made infinitely bigger contributions - not even getting a mention says it all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Where once this could be dismissed as Newcastle’s arrogant sense of entitlement, this season it shows that, while most have been surprised by the team’s excellent start, there is steel like self-belief among the players they are not simply going to melt away as the pressure on them to stay among the European contenders grows.

:serious: