Newcastle United vs Everton - 05/11/11 @ 12:45pm - live on Sky

Anderson

Everton are hardly really sinking are they? They're probably in worst financial position of any club in league, have sold and brought in massively cheap, and while struggling a fair amount play well and have a very astute manager. Losing 1-0 to man united, and playing most the game in Utd's half is symptomatic of them right now, strong good footy, with a lack of strikers.

I think it's going to be one of those games determined by some magic from a few players of either side, both our defences are pretty strong all in all.

Gonna be an interesting one.

We're a fantastically well organised team at the moment, great spirit and togetherness about us too.

I'd like to see us put together a really good performance at home though, one where we pin a team back for long periods and look genuinely threatening and play some good football in the process. The Wigan game we really struggled to create much when the onus was put on us to take the game to them, the Fulham game was a bit similar as well. Only game we've really pinned a team back was Blackburn, and honestly they looked a complete mess that day.

I know Everton are a good side, but we're at home and absolutely flying at the minute so I'm hoping we can really go out and assert ourselves on them and play the game in their half for the most part.

Have a feeling we'll nick it 2-1, but could really go either way tbh.

Said before Stoke that we had the players to beat them and it depended on how we applied ourselves, exactly the same applies here. On that basis, due to the massive confidence that will be running through the club, Tiote possibly to come back in, HBA, Marveuax and Santon pushing for places, I think we'll win this, 2-1.

All that said a draw would be a good result taking us into the three really tough games. Fully expecting the St James crowd to completely ignore any context though, just take one look at the table, moan like fuck if it's 0-0 at half time and boo if we lose.

Would be stunning going into those three games with a win, another tough game though. It sounds stupid saying 'if we can avoid a defeat', but I mean that in the respect of them sneaking it in the 90th or something. We should and will be going to win the game, but I never enjoy playing these, similar to Stoke.

Fuck it 2-0.

I reckon a big crowd for this one and atmosphere to go with it.  We should definately be winning these games and think we will.

My only critisism of Pardew last night was bringing Perch on, he should not be anywhere near the side, let along on the bench for the three games after Everton.

To try and get some kind of game into Marvaux, Santon and Ben Arfa against Everton would be a very good idea IMO.  Not saying they should start but 30-45minutes would not be a bad idea.

They're a tough, tough side and they always give us trouble. It's pretty good for us that they're missing a few first-teamers whereas we look like being able to play our best first-eleven. I think we should be able to nick it, maybe 2-1 or something, but honestly I'd be fine with a draw because they're a good team and they are very difficult to beat, except when they're playing at home against a shit side.

Some absolute bullshit from an Everton forum:

"Their defence (imo) is their weakness, I know people are highlighting the Colochini is have a fantastic season but he's a liability and I personally feel he's another 'Jags'. When they're winning or barely conceeding, they're incredible. The minute they make a mistake or leak a few, their heads drop and they become secptible to more mistakes."

:doh:

I love how everyone is desperate to explain why we are were we are without simply admitting that we've been quite good. Best defensive record in the league - in English football before last night IIRC, dunno if this is still the case - equates to defense being our weakness. For fuck's sake.