Newcastle United vs Everton - 05/11/11 @ 12:45pm - live on Sky

Anderson

Some absolute bullshit from an Everton forum:

"Their defence (imo) is their weakness, I know people are highlighting the Colochini is have a fantastic season but he's a liability and I personally feel he's another 'Jags'. When they're winning or barely conceeding, they're incredible. The minute they make a mistake or leak a few, their heads drop and they become secptible to more mistakes."

:doh:

What the fuck?!?!?! Best defence in the league??! Some people are proper deluded aren't they!!!

Despite his bravery i would still like to see Raylor swapped out for Santon whom i believe will just be a better footballer.

That might even allow Jonas to spend some time in the oppostions half!

Despite his bravery i would still like to see Raylor swapped out for Santon whom i believe will just be a better footballer.

That might even allow Jonas to spend some time in the oppostions half!

Completely agree.

A pacey full back like Santon who likes to get up and down the pitch would mean Jonas would have to do less defensively and would be more of a threat throughout the game.

Unfortunately there's no way things will be changed after a win like last night.

Only danger I can see is a hangover after the massive exertion of the Stoke game. This might actually be a good time to freshen up the team with a couple of new players.

I expect some minor "rotation", but there again I thought he'd mix it up for the Wigan game and he didn't.

Much will depend on the reaction he sees in training this week.

Obviously Tiote back in for Guthrie, even though he played well, Guthrie can replace Perch on the bench. I don't think we should change our defence when they are doing so well. The one change would be Marv or HBA in for Obertan for me, I think his pace is better suited to a sub role.

The only reason i can see us not winning this would be due to the pressure of expectation, similar to wigan...

Geddaway man! Everton are a good side. There are plenty of ways we could not win!

I reckon a big crowd for this one and atmosphere to go with it.  We should definately be winning these games and think we will.

My only critisism of Pardew last night was bringing Perch on, he should not be anywhere near the side, let along on the bench for the three games after Everton.

To try and get some kind of game into Marvaux, Santon and Ben Arfa against Everton would be a very good idea IMO.  Not saying they should start but 30-45minutes would not be a bad idea.

I thought it was a very good idea to bring Perch on and get stuck into Stoke late on to say to them we can mix it with you and ain't going to crumble.

I also thought his booking was a bit harsh given what Huth got away with.

Only danger I can see is a hangover after the massive exertion of the Stoke game. This might actually be a good time to freshen up the team with a couple of new players.

I expect some minor "rotation", but there again I thought he'd mix it up for the Wigan game and he didn't.

I think one of our biggest strengths has been that 7 players have started every single game and we've had little or no rotation.

Guest SuperShola!

All this bollocks about swapping Raylor is silly. He's been good in most of the games we've played so far and he's part of the group of 4 that's managed to get us the title of "best defence in the prem." Why change it now? Let the lad stay there. Also, he has fucking immense free kicks ;)

Guest SuperShola!

I think one of our biggest strengths has been that 7 players have started every single game and we've had little or no rotation.

No-one is injured or playing poorly, let's just keep the same team until we get fucked up.

I'm more optimistic for this than I was for Stoke, if that's a good thing or not I don't know. We're more than capable of beating them like, it just depends which Everton turn up.

No it depends how we play, we certainly don't need to rely on Everton playing poorly to be able to win the game.

Everton are a decent side, but as long as we give it our all we should win.  Not sure why they're getting talked up so much on here.

Having said that a draw would be a decent result.