Newcastle United vs Everton - 05/11/11 @ 12:45pm - live on Sky

Anderson

I'm more optimistic for this than I was for Stoke, if that's a good thing or not I don't know. We're more than capable of beating them like, it just depends which Everton turn up.

No it depends how we play, we certainly don't need to rely on Everton playing poorly to be able to win the game.

Everton are a decent side, but as long as we give it our all we should win.  Not sure why they're getting talked up so much on here.

It goes without saying really, but we've been fairly consistent this season.

Everton are a ridiculously erratic side though, more so than we're even used too. Seasons gone past have shown they can be absolutely dire for 5-6 games on the trot, and then belt out a push for Europe from nowhere. If they turn up it'll be a difficult game, a one that we should still win at home like.

Ba really is on fire, looks electric and will be tough to handle. If Obertan decides to really start going at the full back we could really be onto something. I'm still desperate to see Marveaux get some time because he looks like a really quality player as showed by that controlled pass to Cabaye against Wigan.

You know you're in for a match against Everton though. Who is missing for them, is Cahill playing?

Well, the team can't really be changed after that, apart from Tiote to return. Would love to see the obvious three given good run outs from the bench under the right circumstances. Harsh on Guthrie, but who knows? Maybe we'll see a new lease of life under him in January and he can keep the competition aspect with Abeid while Tiote's away.

Like Stoke, would be happy with a point here, tbf. 3 points is most certainly possible if the lads play like we know they can.

You know you're in for a match against Everton though. Who is missing for them, is Cahill playing?

Should only be Fellaini (suspended) and Anichebe (injured) for us

I agree with the 'his shirt to lose' business. Which is why I also don't think Tiote should be left on the bench just for missing one game after some of his performances since getting back up to speed this season.

Another of those fixtures we normally struggle in over the last few years. Think it was 2-1 to them last year? So hopefully we continue our good run of beating teams we often struggle against at home

Some absolute bullshit from an Everton forum:

"Their defence (imo) is their weakness, I know people are highlighting the Colochini is have a fantastic season but he's a liability and I personally feel he's another 'Jags'. When they're winning or barely conceeding, they're incredible. The minute they make a mistake or leak a few, their heads drop and they become secptible to more mistakes."

:doh:

Secptible!

what is the general Evertonian take on this game then?

Guest palnese

Drenthe will be dangerous for them

Best, Ba, Cabaye, Obertan, Jonas, Marveaux and Ben Arfa will be dangerous for us.

I think we'll win.

Cahill, Heitinga and Neville all patched up then?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

1-2

Bit pessimistic. I'll be optimistic and say 3-0 to us. But realisticly it'll be 2-1 or 1-1