Newcastle United vs Everton - 05/11/11 @ 12:45pm - live on Sky

Anderson

Guest WashyGeordie

Think it's gonna be a similar to the Spurs game, this.

Hopefully we get the first goal and be comfortable throughout, however i don't think Everton are still a 'bad' side and will/can cause us problems.

So maybe 1-1, and i'd be happy with that tbf.

Still, i wasn't expecting anything from the Stoke match... And...... Look what happened!  :love:

Personally dont see why Tiote should go straight back into the side.  That is what competition is all about.  Guthrie has done nothing to deserve being dropped what so ever, he should keep his place and his confidence will get even better.

Neither has Tiote

No he has'nt.  However, he got injured (not his fault) and his replacement has done a very good job. If Pardew is going to be consistent with his management, then Guthrie should start.  In the same way we all know RTaylor is inferior to Santon, he is playing because he does not deserve to be dropped.

Either way, its nice to be having this argument!

Personally dont see why Tiote should go straight back into the side.  That is what competition is all about.  Guthrie has done nothing to deserve being dropped what so ever, he should keep his place and his confidence will get even better.

Neither has Tiote

No he has'nt.  However, he got injured (not his fault) and his replacement has done a very good job. If Pardew is going to be consistent with his management, then Guthrie should start.  In the same way we all know RTaylor is inferior to Santon, he is playing because he does not deserve to be dropped.

Either way, its nice to be having this argument!

How do we know RTaylor is inferior to Santon??

I've never seen Santon play.

Browsing the Everton forums, and stumbled accross this bad boy quote:

Posted 31 Oct 2011 - 17:34

Newcastle are in a false position for me....they got lucky with the fixture computer and really haven't beaten anyone yet.

Having said that you can only play who's in front of you and their confidence will be high....but the wheels will come off, hopefully against Stoke tonight .

Either way I think we can get a result there....it's our time with the fixture computer now....twelve games in the next three months with only Arsenal away where we're unlikely to be in with a decent shout for a win.

:aww:

Guthrie has played 1 league game and started the season as second choice. Raylor (all be it be default) started the season as first choice left back, had played a couple when Santon was bought, then Santon got injured and the side is now unbeaten in 10. Slightly different if you ask me.

Its harsh on Guthrie but IMO its a different situation to Ryan Taylor, for me if Tiote is fully fit he starts. Guthries performance Monday night was quality so if Tiote still has a bit of a niggle I wouldn't risk him, hoping that Guthrie can continue.

Newcastle are in a false position for me....they got lucky with the fixture computer and really haven't beaten anyone yet.

Having said that you can only play who's in front of you and their confidence will be high....but the wheels will come off, hopefully against Stoke tonight .

Either way I think we can get a result there....it's our time with the fixture computer now....twelve games in the next three months with only Arsenal away where we're unlikely to be in with a decent shout for a win.

"it's our time with the fixture computer now."

Makes it sound like some depraved fetish. :lol:

Guest ToonUltra

HA HA HA HA! I hope he eats his own shit come 2.35 on Saturday afternoon! Mong

Going to my first match at St. James Park so I'm really hoping for a win and a sold out stadium!

2-0. Best and Ba!

Where to go for pre match?

A Dane looking forward to visiting!

Shearer's Bar is pretty good if you're not local and are heading over for the first time. Good buzz about the place and you're around SJP which adds to it, as you'll no doubt just want to go straight there. Enjoy your first game!

Will be the same line up for this. Obertan was decent enough at Stoke, but come on, he needs to be dropped asap. Won't be though. Ben Arfa should play a big part in this game, and since he'll not start, he should play at least 30 minutes. Santon I've given up. The current fullbacks are obviously undroppable until we loose 5 in a row. And I'm sure I saw somewhere that people was suggesting not playing Tiote in this, right. :lol:

No real reason to change the team and with the way the defence is playing neither full back will be dropped for sat, the system is working. I thought Raylor did really well the other night and Simpson looked better than he has done recently. Injuries or a change in approach will bring Santon into the lineup (same goes for Marv and Ben Arfa) but to be honest it's good that we haven't had to rush things and throw him straight in. There mere presence of Santon is forcing the two lads at full back to play for their place.

Away from home like the other night Obertan certainly provides a very effective outlet with his pace and he was much better with his ball retention and far fewer sloppy passes. Be interested to see how he goes if as expected he starts in this home match. Seems very much like a confidence player and if he starts to have a real go at full backs we might be onto something.