This "not been tested"...

AlanSkÃrare

Lots of supporters going on about it tonight, trying to find a way to explain our emphatic start to the season.

It makes no sense. I don't even want to touch upon Liverpool, their say in the matter is irrelevant. But they've failed to beat Norwich and the mackems at home, as well as lost to Stoke. And 0-4 to Spurs.

Spurs were "tested" against Manchester City and Manchester United. They lost 0-3 and 1-5.

Chelsea have "tested" themselves against Manchester United and Arsenal. They've lost 1-3 and 3-5.

Arsenal were "tested" against Manchester United. They failed miserably and lost 2-8. They also lost to Spurs.

Manchester United were "tested" against Manchester City. They failed their miserably test, lost 1-6.

So everyone who have been tested have failed bar Manchester City. What is this test that other supporters and experts are on about? Whether we can challenge for the title? I'm not saying we'll finish where we are, but overlooking the sides that we've brushed aside is just plain stupidity.

It kind of confirms that we are not in the competition with these clubs. We are competing against the other clubs and we are by no means going to be challenging the top 4/6 at the end of the season. The teams we are challenging though are the rest of the pack and so fare haven't "failed" those tests.

Because it upsets the usual media narrative of the 'onest 'arrys 'otspur swashbucking their way into the top 4 despite them not being as rich. How dare we ruin that party despite having cheaper and frencher players!

They build up the 'top top' teams so much they can't really explain when a written off team does so well apart from to patronise them and wait for old order to restore itself, once the 'luck' runs out. Because if a team that doesn't have the stars does well what have all the ridiculous ticket prices, television subscription prices have been for? :p

FWIW despite my sarcy post I totally agree with the sentiment of the thread. I just don't particularly think it needs pointing out; anyone with half a brain can see it's a load of bollocks.

We're getting a lot of credit of neutral media sources, although a lot are adding the 'easy start' comment. At the end of the day you can only beat what is in front of you. You can't take anything for granted in the Premier League, it's alright saying we should beat Blackburn, Fulham and Wigan at SJP but it's exactly what we failed to do last season. A lot seem to be forgetting that

We've played Spurs, Arsenal and Villa who are all well established top eight sides and given them all a good run for their money (perhaps Arsenal aside, awful game from both sides). Yes, we haven't played the very best sides and yes they'll most likely beat us when we do, but that's no reason to take credit away from our results thus far.

With out squad it's night on impossible we'll maintian anywhere near the position we occupy at ths moment, but if pundits cannot give us credit for remaining unbeaten in ten Premier League games, winning six, that's their problem, I'm loving it.

PS: Oh and while I'm ranting I hate the whole 'they've only played x amount of teams in the top half'. What's that got to do with the price of shit? Teams are moving up and down the league like there's no tomorrow at the moment. Yet it's still used as a stick to beat as with, beyond belief really.

FWIW despite my sarcy post I totally agree with the sentiment of the thread. I just don't particularly think it needs pointing out; anyone with half a brain can see it's a load of bollocks.

Was just trying to highlight facts in terms of "testing". Slightly tired of hearing it from experts, especially over here where everyone support Liverpool. Same goes for journalists and lots and lots of fans. Trying to get my head round what they're aiming at. It's all there to see.

I'm not sure about that. While we may not have played the two Manchester clubs, we've had some pretty tough fixtures among the easy ones, yesterday and Sunderland away for example. Not many teams would get 6 points out of those two when you consider one was a local derby on enemy territory.

it will dissapear , never to be heard again wherever we are in the league by about 15 games.

it will then be- we have been lucky the first half of the season regards injuriesetc- and we will be tested in jan, then feb, blah blah.

Its good for us tho, the more shite other players believe ,the more they underestimate us.  thanks.

I'm not sure about that. While we may not have played the two Manchester clubs, we've had some pretty tough fixtures among the easy ones, yesterday and Sunderland away for example. Not many teams would get 6 points out of those two when you consider one was a local derby on enemy territory.

Eh? :laugh:

I'm agreeing. :thup:

What gets me is the way the press are talking as if "well the games at Man City, Man U and Chelsea will really tell us whether Newcastle are meant to be where they are" type line of comment. There's absolutely zero pressure on us in those games because we were never expected to get anything anyway and never considerered for anywhere near the top four (well we've got a good chance against Chelsea but more so the Manc away games). Most sides in the prem will go to the Manc clubs and lose or get turned over. Those games will tell us a lot more about the side but we won't suddenly be an average side if we lose both or even all three. We're 3rd on merit.

Pre stoke = sternest test yet for newcastle yet against unbeaten stoke (totally correct)

Post stoke = newcastle havnt really been.tested yet, wait until their hard run against mancs and chelsea?

Is that our barometer for success like? There is no easy games in this league and stoke away is one of the most frustrating youll get so im at a loss.

Our measurement should be the teams from in and around us last season.

To which we have come up top trumps, I dont think for one second that we think we can stay in 3rd or 4th the whole season, we are not in that mini league.

But I would say we are top of the second league with in the prem ands thats our true measurement.

And for this "true test" as otehr fans call it when we play man city, man u and chelseas....not many teams go there and get anything.

Guest magpie99

Seems to me that the gap between the so called top 4 and the rest maybe narrowing.

I have not been particularly impressed with Man Utd in recent weeks and thought if Everton had a capable forward like Ba on the park last weekend, they would have won that game.

As well as Arsenal played at Chelsea, I think they are a club in change at present and dont expect performances like that each week. Chelsea are an ageing team putting round players in square holes, if you get my drift. I dont see them winning anythng this year.

Spurs are coming good but like us, a couple of injuries to key players could really knock them back whilst Liverpool are very much up and down.

Man City are the ob vious standouts at present but will recent ego trips like Tevez and Adam Johnson may well be the start of the implosion of their club.

We've passed every "test" put in front of us.

This whole "haven't been tested" stuff is just rubbish. Are QPR having a better season than us because they have been "tested" by Chelsea. That's how stupid some of the media are. Are we all of a sudden a better team than Chelsea because they have "failed" their "tests"

We are where we are on merit, yes the next few fixtures look tough but surely thats what the Premier League is all about. I don't care what anyone says, we have the points on the board fact, thats all that matters for now.