This "not been tested"...

AlanSkÃrare

Guest elbee909

WTF does "teams in the bottom 10" mean? Like, half the teams in the league? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Also don't understand how we'll "know more about where Pardew and his team stand" after the next three games. We all know we're likely to lose them, everyone loses to those teams, it doesn't mean we'll be any worse than we are now.

The whole argument is pointless - we've collected the third most points in the league, therefore we're third. Simple. Nobody expects us to finish third, so I don't get why it's even a discussion.

It's fair to say the so-called 'Magedia' will be a lot more comfortable with us losing all of the next three games so that things go back to how they expect them to be.

Guest icemanblue

It's fucking unreal how many members of the press are getting their knickers in a twist over this. Have we personally offended them by playing well? Why are they willingly making themselves look like idiots by downplaying our success? Even my mackem mates are holding their hands up and saying 'well done', now.

WTF does "teams in the bottom 10" mean? Like, half the teams in the league? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Also don't understand how we'll "know more about where Pardew and his team stand" after the next three games. We all know we're likely to lose them, everyone loses to those teams, it doesn't mean we'll be any worse than we are now.

The whole argument is pointless - we've collected the third most points in the league, therefore we're third. Simple. Nobody expects us to finish third, so I don't get why it's even a discussion.

The thing is, earlier on in the season I was fully expecting us to get turned over by the Manc clubs and Chelsea, but in the last couple of weeks I'd started feeling we might surprise a few people in these games. What pisses me off is that it's only after the Everton game that I think it might be a bridge too far. We've lost Cabaye, Tiote, Obertan and Obertan's replacement in Marveaux. I thought Guthrie and Cabaye were superb against Stoke and Everton but once Gosling came on instead of Cabaye we dipped a bit. No fault of his but you can only degrade the midfield so much without it having an impact. Now I think we'll struggle against those three, but I suspect that cunt from the Sun spotted it as well and that's why he's suddenly grown a pair and piped up.

Guest optimistic nit

It's fucking unreal how many members of the press are getting their knickers in a twist over this. Have we personally offended them by playing well? Why are they willingly making themselves look like idiots by downplaying our success? Even my mackem mates are holding their hands up and saying 'well done', now.

its clearly imo beacuse they are afraid of us. If it was wolves or someone like that (blackpool a couple of seasons ago for instance) no one in their right mind would be saying to judge them after these 3 games. judging us after the next 3 matches can only mean they are worried we may actually have a chance of a decent finish.

Guest elbee909

The silly thing is if we get tonked by Man City then that'll be that as far as they're concerned.  I can only assume we'll have 15 points taken from us for losing, ooh, by five clear goals.  Like what happened to Man Utd, after all.

Chris Kamara:

"We'll soon know for sure if Newcastle are serious contenders...

People say they are riding their luck, but anyone who saw them against Stoke City will have been given a wake-up call over how hard this team works. You can't buy team spirit and desire like that. The next three games will tell us a lot and if they can get five points against Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea then I'd say they are contenders for the top four alongside Arsenal who seem to have got themselves on track again. Tottenham are in good shape too. I was with Harry Redknapp last Sunday and I knew he was going in to have his pipes cleaned out, so I was pleased his team gave him a good result."

:yikes:

Chris Kamara:

People say they are riding their luck, but anyone who saw them against Stoke City will have been given a wake-up call over how hard this team works. You can't buy team spirit and desire like that. The next three games will tell us a lot and if they can get five points against Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea then I'd say they are contenders for the top four alongside Arsenal who seem to have got themselves on track again. Tottenham are in good shape too. I was with Harry Redknapp last Sunday and I knew he was going in to have his pipes cleaned out, so I was pleased his team gave him a good result."

Five points from the next three and we're contenders for the title never mind the top four. Hell.

Guest bimpy474

Chris Kamara:

Five points from the next three and we're contenders for the title never mind the top four. Hell.

Five points  :kasper: blimey by the power of greyskull, thats unbeaten against them 3 isn't it, its the only way to get to 5 points from 3 games, 1 win and 2 draws................ :frantic:

Guest bimpy474

If we got 5 points from those 3 games i wouldn't be able to come on Newcastle Online for a month as it would take me that long to wipe all my jizz off the screen.

Jizztastic  :cheesy:

:laugh:

BBC Look North ran their sports section along the theme of how lucky Newcastle were due to Everton's penalty claim (no mention of Sammy's even clearer shouit mind) and our first being an OG. On the other hand Sunderland were really unlucky as - yes they conceded an OG.

OG's must just be flukes then and bear little relavence to how a game is going.

Someone in their production team must be a real mackem and is going to be very happy when oiur "lucky run" finally ends.

We have had a large slice of luck in my eyes... But they do say you make your own luck... Let's just enjoy it while it lasts and not worry about what the media or other fans think.. It would be hilarious if we got a point at City...

I think it's been a rather fascinating media reaction to how we've performed up to this point.

I'm not interested in hearing people fawn over us, it's too early in the day and we all know we'll hit the skids (i.e. lose a match) at some point, almost certainly in two weeks' time, the biggest test will be how we pick ourselves up after a defeat, but the amount of people absolutely falling over themselves to denigrate our modest but still highly impressive achievement is quite sad and certainly a damning indictment of the football media's investment in the status quo - I suspect it's because they like to know exactly what's going to happen so that they can sound like they know what they're talking about.

All I've heard about all weekend - on 5Live, on Look North, in print, is how lucky we were to beat Everton yet little mention of Man Utd and Chelsea making bloody hard work of two inferior teams to Everton, no mention of luck coming into play after Spurs took an hour long raping off Fulham, just good old Brad Friedel earning his corn but when Tim Krul does it, it's jammy old Newcastle for the 11th time on the spin. The Guardian podcast last week discussed Liverpool's display at West Brom and how it "showed their title credentials" then in the next sentence said we hadn't played anybody yet!

You could go on and on and it probably sounds a bit like the old "media hates us" that every fanbase feels at times but really, some of the coverage has been downright pathetic, much of it toned like we've done something wrong for turning up and winning games. No matter, we'll probably take a kicking at City and the hacks can breathe a sigh of relief that next week they can wax lyrical about David Silva being a great player, as if they're saying something interesting, original or insightful, instead of having to watch or learn about Cabaye or Coloccini, since that might be too much like doing some fucking work.

N.B. the most ridiculous snippet I've heard re: maintaining the status quo was in a discussion about the SPL, although I can't remember exactly where I heard it - "When someone other than Celtic or Rangers is in the top two in Scotland, that shows there's serious problems within the Scottish game" - no wonder the game in general is going to hell in a handcart with retarded attitudes like that kicking around.

I think it's been a rather fascinating media reaction to how we've performed up to this point.

I'm not interested in hearing people fawn over us, it's too early in the day and we all know we'll hit the skids (i.e. lose a match) at some point, almost certainly in two weeks' time, the biggest test will be how we pick ourselves up after a defeat, but the amount of people absolutely falling over themselves to denigrate our modest but still highly impressive achievement is quite sad and certainly a damning indictment of the football media's investment in the status quo - I suspect it's because they like to know exactly what's going to happen so that they can sound like they know what they're talking about.

All I've heard about all weekend - on 5Live, on Look North, in print, is how lucky we were to beat Everton yet little mention of Man Utd and Chelsea making bloody hard work of two inferior teams to Everton, no mention of luck coming into play after Spurs took an hour long raping off Fulham, just good old Brad Friedel earning his corn but when Tim Krul does it, it's jammy old Newcastle for the 11th time on the spin. The Guardian podcast last week discussed Liverpool's display at West Brom and how it "showed their title credentials" then in the next sentence said we hadn't played anybody yet!

You could go on and on and it probably sounds a bit like the old "media hates us" that every fanbase feels at times but really, some of the coverage has been downright pathetic, much of it toned like we've done something wrong for turning up and winning games. No matter, we'll probably take a kicking at City and the hacks can breathe a sigh of relief that next week they can wax lyrical about David Silva being a great player, as if they're saying something interesting, original or insightful, instead of having to watch or learn about Cabaye or Coloccini, since that might be too much like doing some f***ing work.

N.B. the most ridiculous snippet I've heard re: maintaining the status quo was in a discussion about the SPL, although I can't remember exactly where I heard it - "When someone other than Celtic or Rangers is in the top two in Scotland, that shows there's serious problems within the Scottish game" - no wonder the game in general is going to hell in a handcart with retarded attitudes like that kicking around.

Spot on.

You could go on and on and it probably sounds a bit like the old "media hates us" that every fanbase feels at times but really, some of the coverage has been downright pathetic, much of it toned like we've done something wrong for turning up and winning games. No matter, we'll probably take a kicking at City and the hacks can breathe a sigh of relief that next week they can wax lyrical about David Silva being a great player, as if they're saying something interesting, original or insightful, instead of having to watch or learn about Cabaye or Coloccini, since that might be too much like doing some f***ing work.

Spot on.

:nods: