Rainbow 6: Patriots (PC, Xbox360 & PS3 - 2013)

Nobody

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal with the support of Ubisoft Toronto and Ubisoft Red Storm, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots is said to take the series in a “bold new direction” and revolves around a dynamic single-player storyline that captures the reality of modern-day terrorism and allows players to experience it from multiple characters’ perspectives. The game is due 360, PS3, and Windows PC in 2013.

“Terrorism has evolved, and so has Rainbow 6. In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots, all the team play, tactics, and realism that fans of the series love have been coupled with an exciting new narrative direction,” said David Sears, creative director at Ubisoft. “This adds an unprecedented level of humanity that will make Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots an extremely tense and immersive experience.”

In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots, Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the “True Patriots,” a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country. Playing as Rainbow, players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.

In addition to the immersive single-player storyline, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots will introduce a huge variety of new innovative co-op and multi-player experiences. Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Success will come from a mix of split-second decision making and working to coordinate attacks against the enemy.

This was destroyed when they decided not to follow up on Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield on the PC. Instead they went "in a bold, new direction" and came up with Vegas. I've yet to see a game on any format with the quality of first person movement model that Raven Shield offered. The planning system prior to launching into the single player maps was excellent as well.

Wasn't Vegas very highly regarded? Never been a R6 fan tbh, think Vegas 2 was the first one I've played, and I didn't even finish it.

It likely was but it was a console game and didn't offer the complexity or ultra realism that Raven Shield did. They brought in a cover system but the game allowed you to use it to see around corners where before you played purely from a first person perspective. Things like planning out the mission using multiple teams with different roles before starting each mission were taken out for the sake of simplicity and a more action orientated game. I always felt that the tactical planning was one of the things that made Rainbow Six fairly unique. I also really miss the leaning mechanics where you held in the middle mouse button and could manually select how you leaned to see round a corner.

For what Vegas was it was a good game but it wasn't really a sequel to Raven Shield and I've not seen anything come close in the many years since.

How did Legacy not start this thread?!

I was going to last night but I couldn't be bothered so I just went to bed :( Hopefully it'll be good, it'll have it's work cut out trying to get people off cod mind.

Wasn't Vegas very highly regarded? Never been a R6 fan tbh, think Vegas 2 was the first one I've played, and I didn't even finish it.

Vegas was good, but it didn't have shit on the older games. Those were legitimately difficult. Hopefully this bold new direction is just them going back to the old game.

Planning your mission beforehand was like a separate game.