Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Think Cabaye and Tiote will make it, Marveaux won't.

Have to put five in midfield. 0-1 loss, good performance.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson  Taylor Coloccini  Raylor

Jonas    Cabaye Tiote Guthrie Sameobi

Ba

Fuck knows :lol:

I really, really hate to be negative, but I fear for us against a team with both a great midfield and attack. They'll do us, and with comfort.

Yep, if we can keep it respectable i'll be happy. We've got to play to stifle them, its a shit tactic to base the whole game on, but its the only sane plan for this one.

This is the side that trounced the only other team that have been better than us this season by 6 goals to 1, remember.

;)

To be fair, that was a derby and Man U conceded 3 in the last like 5 minutes or something like that. I doubt they will be quite as pumped up for us.

But still, a comfortable 2-0 win or 3 nil if we still have injuries to key players. No shame in defeat there but hope we put in a performance and don't get dicked on by the referee like last seasons trip there.

Providing Tiote and Cabaye are fit I'd match them in midfield:

------------------Krul-----------------

Simpson---Taylor---Colo---Taylor

--------Tiote--------Cabaye--------

Jonas-----------Ba-----------Ameobi

------------------Best------------------

It would take a lot from his game but I'd actually ask Ba to play really deep and put pressure on Silva whenever he has the ball, Tiote could then double up on him in the final third. Also City's main threat won't come from out wide, but quick precise passing and movement, so I'd pack the midfield to make it as difficult as possible. However we'll still need eleven brave performances and a lot of luck to escape with anything.