Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

The next two games really are Freebies as far as I'm concerned. Chelsea not so much because I think on our game we can win that one. Just go for it, and if we get humped 5-0, so what.

Why write off the Man U game as a freebie? They've been battered 1-6 and scraped a win past sunderland in their last two home games.

They're far from unbeatable

If they lose the Napoli game then their future is out of their own hands.

They will want to be at full strength for that one and I can see them resting a few with the game being so soon after our game.

Even if they don't rest any players, their focus will probably already be on the CL game.

I think probably 2-1 or 3-1 to them with us taking an early lead. I don't see them destroying us whatsoever, will be interesting to see Pardew's tactics as he always appears to have some sort of plan to nullify teams and its nigh on impossible to nullify these fuckers.

Thought Qpr had done it yesterday and then they just pop up and score the goals - they looked out of sorts yesterday, just wonder if we can pose enough questions or wind them up enough to knock them off balance.

There's no way they'll rest players for the Napoli game like.

Why not?

Because a) They won't have played together in two weeks, so two games in 4 days won't exactly be a stretch for them. and b) Their CL teams this season haven't been their 'strongest' (Aguero often coming off the bench etc.).

They'll go full strength IMO.

There's no way they'll rest players for the Napoli game like.

Why not?

Because a) They won't have played together in two weeks, so two games in 4 days won't exactly be a stretch for them. and b) Their CL teams this season haven't been their 'strongest' (Aguero often coming off the bench etc.).

They'll go full strength IMO.

Most of them will be off on international duty though so they'll still be playing. They've rested players a few times before a CL game already this season and the Napoli game is their biggest game yet. You cannot rule it out.

Don't forget that City aren't Man U or Chelsea or even Arsenal.

They haven't won the PL yet, that is their ultimate priority IMO. Champions League isn't as vital to them this season.

They haven't won the PL yet, that is their ultimate priority IMO. Champions League isn't as vital to them this season.

they still won't want to go out in the group stage

They will want to qualify though and Napoli will be a difficult game. Won't matter as instead of Balotelli it will be Dzeko or Aguero or he may make up with Tevez by then - fucking unreal - bastards

Hope 1 of Nasri, Silva, Toure are missing - preferably the latter 2

City could put out their third team and still be a match for most sides.

There is no way City will rest players after an international break for a CL group stage match. People are just clutching at straws.

The next two games really are Freebies as far as I'm concerned. Chelsea not so much because I think on our game we can win that one. Just go for it, and if we get humped 5-0, so what.

Why write off the Man U game as a freebie? They've been battered 1-6 and scraped a win past sunderland in their last two home games.

They're far from unbeatable

I just mean in terms of the fact we're expected to lose this one so we shouldn't be afraid of having a go at them.

We need to score first, and preferably in the first half - if there's a choice :lol:

I heard a stat this weekend that they've scored 75% of their goals in the second half. If they score and take a lead in the first half, it's over.

They're like Ronnie O'Sullivan, ruthless frontrunners.

Can't afford to go down, because they are sickeningly good on the break.

We could be a good time to play Man City(if there is such a thing), its just after an international break and just before a crucial champions league game that they need to win.  I'm also pretty sure that after the last International break Mancini only played Hart out of all the players that had been on international duty and i'm sure he said he would be doing that after all International breaks.  Only thing is i don't think there's that many midweek international games,  apart from the playoff i think England are one of the few countries who are playing 2 games.  Bosnia are though so although it means we might not face Dezko but they'll bring Ballotelli in!

I think they'll slaughter us, owt less than 4-0 and I'll be relatively surprised. All the opportunities every team we've played so far have missed, they'll punish at a much higher conversion rate. Not only that, they're playing well and are on a roll, unlike Man Utd and Chelsea who are stuttering along somewhat. We'll probably have some key players missing, and have only gone behind in two games so far this season - only one of which was away from home, a single goal down to Villa. All signs point to a comfortable home victory.

Not particularly bothered though, much more worried about how we will respond in the following matches in which I think we have more of a chance.

If we have our full strength side out, no reason we can't give them a game. We are unbeaten in 11 ffs, got to be worth something. Also, isn't pardew garnering praise for studying video in minute detail? Surely he'll watch the fulham and qpr games against city, try and analyse which tactics gave them problems and plan accordingly? a big part of our amelioration as a team this year is Pardew's tactical nouse, so I believe in his ability to come up with a plan. Our ability to retain the ball will be the key - the more you keep it from them, the less their superstars can do. To that end, Coloccini, Cabaye and Tiote will be massive if all fit.