Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Ive no idea why everyone is saying we will get hammered. We have the best defensive record in the league. We work as hard as any other team too. Their quality will shine through and i'd imagine it'll be 1,2-0. but im not buying all this 'we'll get hammered'. (unless Cabaye and Tiote dont make it)

I think they'll slaughter us, owt less than 4-0 and I'll be relatively surprised. All the opportunities every team we've played so far have missed, they'll punish at a much higher conversion rate. Not only that, they're playing well and are on a roll, unlike Man Utd and Chelsea who are stuttering along somewhat. We'll probably have some key players missing, and have only gone behind in two games so far this season - only one of which was away from home, a single goal down to Villa. All signs point to a comfortable home victory.

Not particularly bothered though, much more worried about how we will respond in the following matches in which I think we have more of a chance.

This.

We've given teams loads of chances and they haven't punished us, Man City will.

I just want us to give it a go.

Ive no idea why everyone is saying we will get hammered. We have the best defensive record in the league. We work as hard as any other team too. Their quality will shine through and i'd imagine it'll be 1,2-0. but im not buying all this 'we'll get hammered'. (unless Cabaye and Tiote dont make it)

Aye, I mean they've only scored 39 goals in 11 games.... :lol:

Aye, I mean they've only scored 39 goals in 11 games.... :lol:

We've only conceded 8 in 11?

I think they'll slaughter us, owt less than 4-0 and I'll be relatively surprised. All the opportunities every team we've played so far have missed, they'll punish at a much higher conversion rate. Not only that, they're playing well and are on a roll, unlike Man Utd and Chelsea who are stuttering along somewhat. We'll probably have some key players missing, and have only gone behind in two games so far this season - only one of which was away from home, a single goal down to Villa. All signs point to a comfortable home victory.

Not particularly bothered though, much more worried about how we will respond in the following matches in which I think we have more of a chance.

This.

We've given teams loads of chances and they haven't punished us, Man City will.

I just want us to give it a go.

:thup:

Dunno why posting what I think will happen is such a bad thing. I was wrong about the Stoke and Everton results, so what? The whole point of these threads is to make predictions and discuss the upcoming match. It's not being negative for the sake of it, or displaying a lack of faith.

Guest VaVaVoom

I dont think we will get hammered like.

Its been said already we have the best defensive record in the league and we work very hard as a team. We CAN get something out of the game but i think in large that will be down to whether Cabaye and Tiote are fit. Even the pace of Obertan might be crucial.

I think Krul and Coloccini are set up for the games of their lives!

Simple fact of the matter is we have collected 25 points from a possible 33, we have the best defensive record and we are unbeaten. That means we can go into the give believing and with NO pressure at all.

Guest VaVaVoom

Hatem to score the winner would be immense

Its stuff like that, that could be written in the stars like.

Would be fitting.

Guest VaVaVoom

Lets just have a proper go at them, like QPR did. Very well might lose but s what really

Exactly and i think we will.

If we try to contain them and play for a draw then that is when we will get mullered 4 or 5.

We go there, get in their faces and attack them.

Perfect game to start Ben Arfa in behind Ba in my opinion.

Lets just have a proper go at them, like QPR did. Very well might lose but s what really

Exactly and i think we will.

If we try to contain them and play for a draw then that is when we will get mullered 4 or 5.

We go there, get in their faces and attack them.

Perfect game to start Ben Arfa in behind Ba in my opinion.

Yeh, i think Best will be ineffective against Kompany and Lescott.

Saw Mancini at the Stoke game, trying to hide in disguise, clearly working out which of our players he is going to unleash de Jong on this time.

In two minds about this game, we could well prove to be their stiffest test to date, or we could get embarrased. I'll be praying for the former.

Hope to fuck Pards goes for it, I know to a degree you have to try and contain them, but it would never work for 90 minutes anyway, so attack, attack, attack.

Would be a real test of ben arfa's character if he was to start this game against the team he got injured against...i very much doubt pardew will start him because of that

I don't think he'll play simply because he currently isn't match fit enough for more than a subs role once the game gets stretched and players are tired.