That Shepherd wind-up phonecall.

Optimistic Nut

Anyone got a link to that wind-up that was made a few years ago? It was basically, someone phoning Shepherd the day after we lost to Partizan Belgrade pretending to be one of Abramovich's men. He said it was a shame Newcastle were out of the Champions League but Roman loved the black & white stripes and wanted to buy them from us. Shepherd ended by saying, "Well you can tell Roman to f*ck off".  :lol:

Anyone got a link to that wind-up that was made a few years ago? It was basically, someone phoning Shepherd the day after we lost to Partizan Belgrade pretending to be one of Abramovich's men. He said it was a shame Newcastle were out of the Champions League but Roman loved the black & white stripes and wanted to buy them from us. Shepherd ended by saying, "Well you can tell Roman to f*ck off".  :lol:

Well, I've never heard of this.  Anyone?

Best wind-up...

The hoaxer to the stars, The Serial Caller, who rang Newcastle chief Freddy Shepherd claiming he was the spokesman for Roman Abramovich, who wanted to buy the Magpies' black-and-white stripes for Chelsea. Here's how the conversation went:

SHEPHERD: Not a chance. No way. It doesn't even... that, that's... I mean that's so far off the wall. It's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.

SERIAL CALLER: I am sure Mr Abramovich won't be happy to hear that you think he is ridiculous.

SHEPHERD: Tell him what you like. I don't give a f***!"