Shigeru Miyamoto / The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

O Neill

Another example of Miyamoto innovation and genius?

Snippet from the IGN review:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the greatest Zelda game ever created. It's the best game for Wii and one of the finest video game accomplishments of the past 10 years. The game has once again raised the bar and forged new territory for an iconic and innovative franchise.

It's not enough that it finally establishes a powerful, stirring origin story or that it features near-perfect pacing. What puts Skyward Sword over the top is its layered, dense, absolutely perfect gameplay that manages to not only nail motion-controlled combat but remarkably offers a stunning level of diversity.

He was bashed in the media following the problematic debut appearance of the 1:1 motion controlled sword fighting at the live Nintendo event however it looks like he has delivered as always.

I know this title won't be massive selling due to the fact it is appearing on a console that has long since exceeded its lifespan and is also filled with shovelware. But this could be a landmark title as it is the first proper game to feature 1:1 motion controls. I guess I'll dust of my Wii and give it a go when it is out later this month.

A new Zelda game, huh. :pokerface:

Best game series of all time, tbh.

It's the way he adds a twist to each game in the series to give it enough freshness to be enjoyable again. Ever since Link to the Past way back on the SNES he's brought something new to the table each time and thus far has always come up with a great game. A lot of games would have settled for the formula that made Ocarina of Time so fantastic and churned out a half dozen identical sequels.

This is the Wii game we've been waiting for. Through all of the mini-games and odd sports collections, many wondered if and when Nintendo would ever find a way to deliver a deeper experience that still fulfilled on Wii's limitless potential. Skyward Sword makes good on that promise.

:fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap:

This is the Wii game we've been waiting for. Through all of the mini-games and odd sports collections, many wondered if and when Nintendo would ever find a way to deliver a deeper experience that still fulfilled on Wii's limitless potential. Skyward Sword makes good on that promise.

:fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap::fwap:

:lol: They get you every time, man.

Gamespot gave it 7.5. The Zelda fanboys are up in arms, the comments on the video are incredible, the sheer volume of them.

The review seems to have came from a bloke who doesn't like Zelda at all mind. Love the series myself and think this one will be fantastic.

Gametrailers gave it 9.1, but it never for a second sounded like a game that deserved more than 8. They really gave it a bashing on their podcast as well.

I really hate the art style in this. Considering the limitations of the Wii, I would have hoped that they made something special with the art, but it's just uninspired IMO. Not that it matters to me, as I don't own a Wii or have ever been a Zelda fan.

Gamespot gave it 7.5. The Zelda fanboys are up in arms, the comments on the video are incredible, the sheer volume of them.

The review seems to have came from a bloke who doesn't like Zelda at all mind. Love the series myself and think this one will be fantastic.

Played through the first two temples, there's no way on earth you can give this game a 7.5 unless you have a vendetta against Nintendo/Zelda. The swordplay just works, feels weird to think how one dimensional it was in previous games now.